Tag sandwich recipes?

tacoma96

FNG
Anyone care to share their tag sandwich recipes? Have yet to get a mulie yet so I better find something to do with the tags. I won't be deterred, you western boys will have to put up with this tree stand hunter again next year. Got some good time behind the glass and I keep refining my gear in the pack. I just never could find a decent buck and I really don't want to pack out a fork horn. I saw lots of does and some awesome elk. Maybe next time.

KClark

WKR
I save mine in a cigar box, someday they will make a fine stew.
In there among the usual suspects are 3 Montana UNL big horn sheep tags, a Montana bull moose tag and an Alaskan bull moose tag.

Rob5589

WKR
I save mine in a cigar box, someday they will make a fine stew.
In there among the usual suspects are 3 Montana UNL big horn sheep tags, a Montana bull moose tag and an Alaskan bull moose tag.
Eek, that's some expensive sounding stew.

Unless you quit your hunting season early, there's really only one night you can eat tags if you want to consume them before their expiration date. That makes it hard to properly prepare for a good recipe ahead of time.

OP
T

tacoma96

FNG
Unless you quit your hunting season early, there's really only one night you can eat tags if you want to consume them before their expiration date. That makes it hard to properly prepare for a good recipe ahead of time.
Had to go back to work, I'm one of those guys that can only carve out so many days to drive out, hunt and drive back. Had about 14 hours driving home to think about how to eat it.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I drove almost 16 hours to Idaho, and came back with my deer tag. This was a new spot for me, and I knew the learning curve would be steep. I found were the bucks were not, but found where the elk were. I'm playing the long game here, and next year I'm going to have an elk tag in my pocket. Still saw some cool country & learned I'm getting real close to having my back country gear dialed. Just need to make a couple of minor adjustments before next year.

TheGDog

WKR
Ah...yes... make sure to season with a big ol' helping of buffed bruiser BobCat! At least, that's what happened @5:20pm this past Saturday. Once I saw him, I then realized why... when I'd had this same Mama Doe pass by me at 20yds on Saturday... and I noticed this time she only had 1 of her young ones behind her instead of the two, when she passed by @9am. He was 200% bigger than the one I whacked last year before the Ban at this same spot on the last day of the season.