Tag storage

wyodan

WKR
Back pocket of the AGC. Binos are never left somewhere, so I always have my tags and hunters safety with me.

whoop

FNG
supposedly, as long as you have battery one can validate the tag without cell service then the app updates when service is acquired. must be working for steelheaders as i've not heard much bitching about the app.

TnCo

FNG
I keep all of my paperwork in the back zipper of my bino harness, in a ziplock bag.

I hunt in several states like many here and I keep mine in a ziplock in my kill kit.
I keep a set of duplicate licenses and tags in another zip lock in my truck or clothes bag.
I guess my idea is to keep them dry and in something I will have with me where ever I hunt.

87TT

WKR
I have a little ziplock license holder that is pinned with the big safety that came with it on the inside if my pack. Even if it falls off, it's still inside the pack/ Plus in the event I get stopped by the Warden, I don't have to dig.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ziplock. I have a little orange bifold card holder that I put my h.e. card, hunting tag, fishing license. I keep them all together all year long. It’s just easier to know if I have the orange holder I have what I need. I keep it in a small outer pocket with my first aid kit.

Wasn't sure where to post this, figured this was as good as other forums. New to western hunting and trying to figure out best place for tag, habitat stamp, archery stamp, etc. Seems to be a lot of paper that I don't want to screw up. Using AGC bino harness and was thinking about using one of the pockets with everything folded in a ziplock bag. Good or bad idea? Hunter ed card will be in wallet. Thanks in advance.
That's exactly what I do. Everything, including license, goes in a ziplock and put in the zippered pocket on the back side of the AGC bino pack.

Banker

FNG
i have an Alaska Guide Creations Classic HBS with M.A.X. Pocket which has a mesh pocket on the back. Keep all important papers and tags in a small ziplock bag in there as I never leave camp without my binos.

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for in the back mesh pocket on the AGC harness. I have a small ziplock (I'm sure from some part I've ordered in the past) that is the perfect size to fit an ID/hunter's safety card, which also happens to be the same size of the Colorado license folded up. Pen and Sharpie go in the M.A.X. pocket.

Tags, pen, small roll of electrical tape, and small remote for taking pix with phone in a very small drybag in my pack. I also have PDFs or photos of tags/receipts saved on my phone. Old drivers license for ID also in drybag. Wallet stays at home/truck.

Photos of all your tags, ID, etc., is a great idea. We travel to some sketchy countries and always have all of the above plus passport and ccard photos on phone.

ND_muley

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Magpul DAKA essentials wallet. It is a small rubber "wallet" with slots for your ID and appropriate tags, etc. I just toss it in the small pouch inside of my Kifaru bags.

WyoElk

WKR
I keep mine in a ziplock in the Bach pocket of my FHF harness. That way I always have it with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk