Tagged out in 27 hours!

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Very Nice
BB.jpg

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
Great bulls, congratulations. Lets here some stories. I guess they will be short stories......

OP
Hessticles

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
Well on the flights there I had the pleasure of sitting with kevin dill for a 6 hour flight, the the last flight we flew with Lincoln Tapp and his dad jim. Lincoln has 4 animals left before he completes super slam with his bow.

Attachments

• 20190906_090048.jpg
    20190906_090048.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190906_212300.jpg
    20190906_212300.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 227

keller

WKR
very nice and congrats on the nice bulls that's a lot of butchering in a short period of time!!

keller

WKR
I know the feeling of a short hunt.on both my trips to Ak I filled my tag the first day.although very happy I still felt like I missed out on part of the experience by leaving early and not enduring the full grind.

PBA & Renfro’s are stacking moose this year! I saw no less than 25 in 6 days. Fishermen are catching all around also. Next years hunters are set!

OP
Hessticles

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
Well the first morning we were able to hunt 2 of us went one way, and alan went the other way. Nic and I were gonna just check a couple meadows and stay close to camp and call. I did alot of calling from camp the day before when we were dropped off. We checked first meadow and nothing, started walking through tree line to the next meadow and caught something out corner of my eye and it was a bull in bow range but he was directly down wind and winded us and off he went, I cow called at him and he stopped at about 100, I knew he was big so I told nic to give me his rifle and dropped him in his tracks. I didnt wanna switch cuz I'm pretty much strictly archery now but its be hard to explain to the wife why i didnt come home with anything after spending that much so..... 17 minutes into my hunt and it's over haha! Little did i know the chaos was just beginning. We spent about 5 hours cleaning and caping him and packing him to the nearby water where the beaver could get to him. We went back to camp and ate and snooze, then that night nic and I hit the same side of the lake and alan hit the other. Nic and I just sat the edge of the close meadow and called and raked. Bout an hour before dark we heard alan shoot, inreach message says BULL DOWN! So nic and I head to camp and grab our gear and take the raft to end of the lake (bout a mile) and started hiking to alan! Half way there it was getting dark and we realized we left the inreach and lights in our other packs, so we just decided be better to head back to camp. Alan got back about an hour behind us at midnight and I asked him if he atleast gutted him, he said yes and got him quartered and back straps out! I was like holy shit someone had some adrenaline going! So the next morning alan and I head to his bull to finish him and pack him 500yrds to the river where the beaver could get to. nic would stay back close to camp to hunt and meet the beaver to pick up my bull at noon. At about 1130 nic was just checking the last meadow and seen a big bull running across the meadow toward our camp and shot and killed him right in our tree line by camp and immediately heard the beaver coming so he ran over to my bull to help load it and told the pilot he just killed another bull, the pilot is like "ya I know you guys have 2 bulls down" nic is like "no we have 3 bulls down, WE ARE TAGGED OUT" pilot is like "HOLY F*CK THAT IS THE FASTEST ANYONE HAS EVER TAGGED OUT WITH US" so he sent nic back to work on his bull, by time we got back from alan's bull we were shot but we had to finish nics. Luckily we only had to pack nic's bull about 90yrds to the water! Like I said the hunt was almost too short but we came home with 3 damn nice bulls! We had a bear tag but decided to head out early in hope to do a day or 2 of fishing for halibut, but after checking on flights and charters it would have been about 2200 per person so decided to just head home early!