Take down 22 rifle

robtattoo

WKR
20200324_211344.jpg
20200324_211415.jpg

I built this year's ago from a $50 pawnshop Springfield model 120 single shot. I modified the stock so I could remove the action and barrel (held in with a single, knurled screw) & reverse them in the stock. I cut the barrel down to 16" & significantly reduced the stock. It packs down to around 20" & weighs a hair over 3lb. The sights are super primitive, but minute of skwerl head at 30yds.
It's rough as a badger's arse the days as its lived in my truck toolbox for about 10years, but it's eliminated a fair few small critters & one really unlucky little pig.

Axlrod

WKR
Would you be kind enough to link me to these?
Would have to piece it together. The single shot action makes the rifle very compact
Contender frame from a local source, gunbroker or here:
Barrels are called "carbine" from the factory, and come in 23" from ebay that you would have to have cut down to 16" from 23":
Or get a barrel 16" long from Match grade machine they have some in stock usually. may need to have them cut one down to 16" or they have a custom order form:
Choate makes a telescoping stock:
and a folding stock:
For all things TC:

Fitzwho

WKR
The savage Rascal is cheap enough, single shot, with an ejector. You could do something like robtattoo has done above, or modify the stock to use a side folding stock with a lightweight wire buttstock. I have been thinking about doing the same thing.

I'll add one to the mix...Savage 42 take down available in 22lr or 22magnum with 410 barrel underneath...combo gun that's kinda homely but would fit your needs.