Take down 22 rifle

Looking for something that can dropped in day hiking pack that can be easily assembled. Semi's aren't legal for hunting here.

rayporter

WKR
you said autos were out so how about a TC contender? real easy take down and compact.

i have a ruger auto with a scope that will work pretty well for squirrels.

Sled

WKR
It doesn't take down but my kids Savage rascal fits in the pack. It's single shot but I've taken plenty of game with it. Even the aguila colibri will shoot through it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Wasn't there a rifle with a fat hollow stock that was marketed for this? I just can't think of it.

87TT

WKR
I had a bolt action Savage Steven that was given to me by my uncle when I was a kid 60 years or so ago. It had one screw in the bottom of the forestock that was knurled, You removed the screw (by hand) and the barrel and action lifted off the stock. I used to take it down and wrap it in a towel and carry it on my handle bars until I got out of town to shoot/hunt.

rayporter

WKR
forgot to say that the ruger auto i mentioned above is a pistol. the hint being that some revolvers could be scoped and do great.

my marlin 39 lever does take down but is so tight that putting it back together takes a while.

Chiapa little badger in .22mag is pretty slick. Or you can look into a volquartzen 10-22 type action that are pull actions instead of semi auto. Add an integrally suppressed upper and that would be the bees knees!

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Wouldn't an AR style .22 work where you just take out the pins to separate the upper and lower?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord