Takedown longbow creaking

B.Hill

FNG
Hi guys I have a take down long bow with a tennon joint and when I draw back it clicks, joint is tight and firm but must be a little bit of play, has anyone else had this problem, and how have they fixed it. I’m wondering if I could put a fine layer of resin or lacquer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

B.Hill

FNG
Thanks I’ll give it a go

ODB

WKR
Yes, string wax. Or, if you can find some, a paper-thin layer of Teflon.

Beendare

WKR
The string wax or Parrafin should work unless you have a lot of slop in that joint. Calling Big Jim....or Dan Toelke and they should be able to solve it- both helpful guys.

The white Teflon tape is probably going to bunch up....but the yellow teflon for gas is tougher and that might be enough of a shim on a sloppy joint.

OP
B

B.Hill

FNG
Thanks again guys I will try the wax,
the joint is pretty tight it’s just the tiniest little creak that usually I don’t notice, but i was shooting with a friend and he asked if the creak annoyed me, and since he pointed it out it’s been bugging me

jwal

FNG
Like others have already mentioned, string wax should make it go away.

Is that what it is? My Stalker does this every once in a while. Kinda freaky!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aj you need to wax the limb pads. Either string wax or bee wax or the spray parafin wax.

Every year before going afield I wax the whole bow with a good layer of Johnsons paste wax and after the season. Comes in a yellow tin

Reactions: JCT