Taking a leap of faith

Rich M

WKR
Made leaps 25+ yrs ago moving 1/2 way across the country. 15+ yrs ago starting a company. 10+ yrs ago moving 500 miles for a job that failed and then moving back. Going back to school 10 yrs ago. New job, then starting another company. Then another job about 8 yrs ago - buying into partnership.

It is easier when you initiate the change as opposed to reacting.

Change isn't fun and can be scary but it isn't bad either. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Good Luck!

Zdub02

WKR
I moved a few states away from home after meeting my wife and dating long distance for a while. Made the leap to move out of state to be with her and am now happily married and the happiest I've ever been with a great job. Leaving the comfort and complacency of home was tough but a great decision that has worked out well for me.

Poser

WKR
This tends to go real well for people with the right motivations. Made such a move myself a little over 5 years ago. Moved to Durango with no job lined up. It’s interesting because my entire social circle all moved here from other places within 2-3 months of one another.

That being said, I lived in Nashville for 10 years and saw this “leap of faith” fail more times than I can count. Even Garth Brooks “lived” in nashville for less than 24 hours before tucking tail and returning home the first time he moved there. I think that motivations of escapism where you think you’ll have this magical self-transformation just by the simple act of relocating are a bit seductive for some people who don’t have the balls to back it up. I think that sometimes people are duped into believing that simply because they had the guts to leave the familiar for the unfamiliar that there is some equivalent of a “participation trophy” awaiting them. Your “leap of faith” should be internally motivated and not hinged on external factors.

All that being said, it’s all life experience and failure is a terrific teacher.

bozeman

WKR
A leap of faith and a blindfolded leap of faith are two VERY different things......I was 'given a leap of faith' by my current employer (over 11 years) into a role I had no business in (IMO), but it has worked out quite well and allowed me to gain knowledge in an area of no experience or training.......moved from IT (over 15 year of experience) to Global Supply Chain........