Taking a step back..

I really think it's a sign of the times. Everyone is tired of things and angry. Unfortunately it flows over and things like this forum become a vent.

That's just my very basic view of it, can get pretty complicated.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
On a personal note, I try and only post things I would actually say to someone's face. I think if everyone did that we would once again be on the best forums out there.
WYSIWYG.........what you see is what you get.

I have to laugh though at so many people that get so uptight about simple discussions. Most the time I'm laughing when posting in some of those threads. Chelax and move on if the blood pressure is rising. Stick with the facts and stick with logic and then there's no reason to get upset with anyone.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m guilty of this myself and I bet it is why some do it, people getting online to escape stress (plenty of that lately) but go off on the slightest thing they don’t like.

fwafwow

WKR
I’m guilty of this myself and I bet it is why some do it, people getting online to escape stress (plenty of that lately) but go off on the slightest thing they don’t like.
Ditto. I admit I get caught up in some of the dumpster fires on the General Discussion forum. I thought the OP may have had me in mind! Good reminders to think and do more, and type less (at least with respect to some subjects).

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not enough packs being thrown off cliffs these days.... and it shows

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
I have fallen victim a few times. Usually in the evening after a few beers I’ll decide that in leu of being able to punch said idiot, I let it fly and usually always regret giving in.

Good Post @Team4LongGun

I have also fallen victim a few times as well. Sometimes you can't avoid looking at a train wreck.

I got caught up in the western states - non-resident access / legislation threads. I did have a couple members give me some really good feedback regarding some of my posts and that helped me understand a bit more about the issue from a resident standpoint.

I read more now and respond a lot less.

rclouse79

WKR
I think that is the longest post I have ever read in its entirety. It must be mostly true or I would have stopped reading. I try my best to not be a jackwagon, but a few times my will power was insufficient. I agree that the best thing you can do to kill a bad post is to not reply.

sndmn11

WKR
I like the posts about where to hunt in X unit because it tells me what is going on in my state as to where folks are attracted to hunt. It also pays off if you run into someone who asks about a mid point draw unit that you know well, but aren't hunting that year. If you do it right, you can learn a lot from their hunt.

Not enough packs being thrown off cliffs these days.... and it shows

Couple years ago I had a horseshit streak of bowhunting luck. So I bombed my 1000 dollar archery setup out of the tree, climbed down and smashed the 500 dollar lone wolf against the tree and gave it up for the year. Lol. Felt great. Got over it and killed a nice buck the following year

FWIW, y’all have a pretty good thing going here on Rokslide. I can barely stomach my state-specific forum anymore. Rokslide, with some exceptions, is so much more positive and thoughtful.

Thanks to all y’all who make this a good and helpful place.

Also, x2 for all the comments about people saying things in forums they would never say in person. Basic problem with the internet.

dtrkyman

WKR
My wife and I have been talking about how the general public seem to be agitated lately. the political climate, social media and all the bickering over vaccine and masks everyone just seems amped up.

I merged in front of an older lady today, way out front and even used my turn signal, as soon as I started over she sped up and started waving her arms all over, I literally left her in my dust I bet she never was within 5 car lengths of me, I just laughed. In my younger days I would have slowed down and impeded her progress to be a dic-.

Maybe the inflammation the vaccine can cause is hitting peoples brains and they are just mad at the world.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Couple years ago I had a horseshit streak of bowhunting luck. So I bombed my 1000 dollar archery setup out of the tree, climbed down and smashed the 500 dollar lone wolf against the tree and gave it up for the year. Lol. Felt great. Got over it and killed a nice buck the following year
I have a friend who shoots ASA tournaments. He got so mad at one he threw his target rig about 20 feet into the back of his truck and I think it hit every side of the bed and the tool box lol

Im on three hunting type forums and enjoy them all for what they are. I learned early on to just state my opinion or position and leave it at that. I will respond to someone if they have a question about my post but I dont ever respond to someone if they say they disagree. I wont start my post with “I disagree with your post”. Nor will I respond to anyone starts with that. You can state a different opinion or experience without challenging someone with a differing view. I never care for name calling in any venue online or in person. Im here to learn , relax and share my decades of doing all the wrong things in the woods. I notice in all the forums there are a just a few that have these bad social habits.