Taking bows through Canada

Bmcox86

WKR
Are there any restrictions on taking compound bows through Canada? I will be driving through this summer and don't want to ship them if I don't have too. I know firearms you have to declare and pay a fee but can't seem to find anything about archery equipment

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They asked to see mine.

In truth I think the Canadian border guy thought I meant "Bowie knife" when I said "hunting bow". Not sure it their are knife blade restrictions or what.

Regardless, a quick look in the case and he sent me on aboot my way. Exceedingly polite.

I travel with a bow or two (dual citizen) fairly often. No issue with the bows but warn the officials about broadheads in your bow quiver so no fingers get cut.

Are there any restrictions on taking compound bows through Canada? I will be driving through this summer and don't want to ship them if I don't have too. I know firearms you have to declare and pay a fee but can't seem to find anything about archery equipment

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anytime i have crossed the border with a bow there is no issue...they do ask if you have any weapons and i am just forthright about what i have