Talk me into a Seek Outside pack

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Just kind of looked into their packs. I have a couple of their shelters and I like them a lot. But I'm not familiar with their packs. I have a kifaru fulcrum that I like but some features look pretty cool on the SO system. I was specifically looking at the SO Lanner. Any advice or experience is appreciated!

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
You should buy one. I just ordered a lanner this afternoon. Cant wait!!!

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I won't try to talk you in to it, or really compare. However the Lanner IMO is a really efficient pack for back pack hunting. There is enough org, enough space, and its quick to be an efficient daypack.

I own and founded Seek Outside, and I mostly use
Lanner
Divide
Flight
Unaweep plus Merlin
Merlin

The fact is .. the Lanner doesn't weigh that much more than the Flight and that is a UL backpacking pack

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I won't try to talk you in to it, or really compare. However the Lanner IMO is a really efficient pack for back pack hunting. There is enough org, enough space, and its quick to be an efficient daypack.

Lanner
Divide
Flight
Unaweep plus Merlin
Merlin

The fact is .. the Lanner doesn't weigh that much more than the Flight and that is a UL backpacking pack
Thanks Kevin. Love your stuff. The lanner looks like it checks all the boxes. I like having the large pockets for my spotter and tripod and the outside zippered pockets seem smart and simple. I think the idea of the integrated lid pocket is very slick...its one of those things that seems like it should have been thought of a long time ago.

Just kind of looked into their packs. I have a couple of their shelters and I like them a lot. But I'm not familiar with their packs. I have a kifaru fulcrum that I like but some features look pretty cool on the SO system. I was specifically looking at the SO Lanner. Any advice or experience is appreciated!
Get one! I recieved my custom multicam gila with some talons recently and its perfect

Clarktar

WKR

Lanner
Divide
Flight
Unaweep plus Merlin
Merlin

Is the brooks not on your most used list simply because you have not found the need for that much volume ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't buy it. You will not have a good excuse to buy another pack for years. Much more fun to burn money than enjoy using your gear.

You also will not have the joy of picking between 5.67 million different pockets to strap on to it and paying for all those pockets. If you don't need a map to find things in your pack, than there is insufficient organization available to you.

Just don't. Spend your money on Natty Light and Rothco bags instead.

Ok, I tried to do what you asked. 😊 (Edit: and apparently can't read when I'm tired as I thought you titled it "talk me out of" not sure how in perdition I did that.)

P.S. I have an Exo that I love, but that did not stop me from getting an SO frame and at some point I will add one of their bags to go with it (my excuse was I needed a pack frame for my wife).

Last edited:

R2J

FNG
Waiting for a Fortress to ship..... pull the trigger. I have not heard a single bad word about these packs.

Rokwiia

WKR
You'll love the Lanner. It will ride like a dream with plenty of space and tall pockets. You can also buy a small bag separately and interchange the two.

Their X-Pac bags are great because you don't have to worry about rain nor buy and carry a pack rain cover. That saves money, weight, and having to stop to put it on during a storm.

I've owned a breakway pack from SO, the Fortress 6,300, and love it. Last week, a SO Gila (integrated platform) arrived that I'll use as my daypack/overnight pack. Light as a feather.

SO is constantly innovating and listens to its customers about their needs. Their service is second to none. You would be thankful when you get your Lanner.

I'm still hungering for a separate breakaway custom SO camo bag. A 4,800 with one tall side pocket and a zipper. I'm confident that in the next month or two, in a moment of total weakness, I will hit the order button.

Last edited:

Rimrocks

FNG
I recently bought a short tail. Only put 50 pounds on it but it is extremely comfortable. It’s the most adjustable pack I have used, with all he belt options. It fits great and moves with me, so it doesn’t have that sheet of plywood feel some packs have. No regrets so far.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is the brooks not on your most used list simply because you have not found the need for that much volume ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Mostly. I use the Brooks some. I like the small exterior pockets on the Lanner really .. its sort of like a Divide , or Flight , but a bit more dialed for hunting with the 3 small zippered exterior pockets .. so for me in just transitions really well when I use the others most of the summer. I've contemplated building myself a smaller Brooks in the custom builder , but I haven't yet. I've also been busy with a lot of other things (house remodel ) etc that is now done. I'll probably scratch that itch at some point this year.

KHNC

WKR

Lanner
Divide
Flight
Unaweep plus Merlin
Merlin

Is the Peregrine inferior now? I still have a Unaweep , but mostly only use the Peregrine.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is the Peregrine inferior now? I still have a Unaweep , but mostly only use the Peregrine.
I wouldn't say so .. very similar. Personally, I like the zippered pockets on the Lanner a bit better. The Peregrine, you have two zippered pockets on the mesh and you access one form the right and one form the left , and they are sort of full length. On the Lanner you have 3 , 2 on the mesh at half length both accessed from the same side , and then the integrated shroud / faux lid. The Lanner ones IMO are a bit better for small items, say headlamp, gloves, snack etc .. However, sales number probably favor the Peregrine so I may be in the minority. I also use / need the more space of the Lanner once we get into October. Sept, the Peregrine is more than enough ..

Mudd Foot

WKR
I have the Revolution frame.. Most comfortable I have ever used compared to Kifaru, mystery ranch, badlands, horn hunter. I love how you can change the frame height easily. light weight and durable.

2nd the above. IMO the SO Frame and belt are the best load hauling design if your priority is minimizing belt slippage while carrying 60+ pounds. The easy installation of frame extenders is cake and further enhances carrying comfort. The bags are also the best combination of convenience features of water resistant fabric, full zip opening, and roll top. Am running a Saker FWIW, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Don't buy it. You will not have a good excuse to buy another pack for years. Much more fun to burn money than enjoy using your gear.

You also will not have the joy of picking between 5.67 million different pockets to strap on to it and paying for all those pockets. If you don't need a map to find things in your pack, than there is insufficient organization available to you.

Just don't. Spend your money on Natty Light and Rothco bags instead.

Ok, I tried to do what you asked. 😊

P.S. I have an Exo that I love, but that did not stop me from getting an SO frame and at some point I will add one of their bags to go with it (my excuse was I needed a pack frame for my wife).
lol natty lite and rothco bags......hookers and blow....

tdhanses

WKR
No one should talk you into a pack, make your own decision off research and what options you want, not what I want.