Talk me into a Seek Outside pack

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
What are the differences between the fabric types? X21, X33,X42 and spectragridHT?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are the differences between the fabric types? X21, X33,X42 and spectragridHT?
Anything with an X is incredibly waterproof and blood proof as far as the fabric (not stitch holes etc unless you seam seal) . However they are sort of stiff. The SpectraGridHT is technically waterproof but more pliable and quieter but a little blood may soak in etc. The SpectraGrid is far more abrasion resistant than X21 at the same weight (more similar to X42 in durability) . The X33 is a great combo , but Multicam only.
It's a balance of weight , durability and waterproofed ness . If you value durability and waterproofness ..go X42 or X33. If you value weight go X21 or SpectraGrid

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Anything with an X is incredibly waterproof and blood proof as far as the fabric (not stitch holes etc unless you seam seal) . However they are sort of stiff. The SpectraGridHT is technically waterproof but more pliable and quieter but a little blood may soak in etc. The SpectraGrid is far more abrasion resistant than X21 at the same weight (more similar to X42 in durability) . The X33 is a great combo , but Multicam only.
It's a balance of weight , durability and waterproofed ness . If you value durability and waterproofness ..go X42 or X33. If you value weight go X21 or SpectraGrid
How much lighter is a lanner bag in x21 or spectra than a lanner in x33 or 42?

How do you strap a bow to the pack on say a Lanner 5400? I do not see the traditional cross straps for this. Also it seem the outside pocket would be rendered useless if a bow was strapped over it. I’m extremely intrigued to try this pack. I’ve used them all and If it’s as comfortable as I’ve read at the advertised weights that’s pretty amazing.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How do you strap a bow to the pack on say a Lanner 5400? I do not see the traditional cross straps for this. Also it seem the outside pocket would be rendered useless if a bow was strapped over it. I’m extremely intrigued to try this pack. I’ve used them all and If it’s as comfortable as I’ve read at the advertised weights that’s pretty amazing.
The best setup for a bow IMO is our Unaweep / Goshawkl style with a Talon or Merlin.

That being said, you can move our compression straps where you want them .. and go across the rear pocket. There can be stuff in the rear pocket and a bow, but access will be hindered a bit with the bow there. Packs with a clean rear (Brooks / Saker /Goshawk / Fortress / Unaweep are a bit easier. That being said, I have seen plenty of archery hunters using Peregrine / Lanner so it is NOT that hard.

No need to talk you into it, their packs do that for you. They have a lot of cool stuff going on, they are unique in the market, and fit most people really well... pretty safe purchase

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
The best setup for a bow IMO is our Unaweep / Goshawkl style with a Talon or Merlin.

That being said, you can move our compression straps where you want them .. and go across the rear pocket. There can be stuff in the rear pocket and a bow, but access will be hindered a bit with the bow there. Packs with a clean rear (Brooks / Saker /Goshawk / Fortress / Unaweep are a bit easier. That being said, I have seen plenty of archery hunters using Peregrine / Lanner so it is NOT that hard.
How do most people carry a rifle in the lanner? Is the best way to place the butt of the gun in one of the side pouches and then use the compression straps to hold it in place? Or will some rifle stocks not fit in the side pouch?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How do most people carry a rifle in the lanner? Is the best way to place the butt of the gun in one of the side pouches and then use the compression straps to hold it in place? Or will some rifle stocks not fit in the side pouch?
You can do the following
-- But in side pocket
-- Use Gatekeeper straps to capture the bottom using one of the lower compression loops. It rides lower than the pocket and is situated in roughly the same area (I do this often if I am basically packing the gun )
-- If on breakaway - Loop your sling over top of frame (I use this often when I might use my gun )
-- If one breakaway - our old gun hook method .. Nathan uses this a lot.

Any of the after market solutions by various manufacturers will work as well

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Man the ability to custom make a pack for your needs is awesome. So many different combos. Now I really don’t know which way to go. It all seems great. I was pretty set on a breakaway, but now an integrated 6300 in spectra with a Merlin seems like a simple, lightweight and versatile option. Just gotta make up my mind... good problem to have.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Does anyone know if the 500D Cordura material is PU coated? Or, if going with spectra side pockets, are drain points put in the bottom so they don't collect rain water as the material is waterproof?

Does anyone know if the 500D Cordura material is PU coated? Or, if going with spectra side pockets, are drain points put in the bottom so they don't collect rain water as the material is waterproof?
The standard size side pockets on my multicam gila are cordura and idk about a coating but they do have a hole sewn in them. Id imagine the spectra ones might too

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The standard size side pockets on my multicam gila are cordura and idk about a coating but they do have a hole sewn in them. Id imagine the spectra ones might too
Is there a smooth, shiny coating on the inside, or do both sides look the same?

Thank you, that is helpful to know there is a drain hole.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody tried storing their spotting scope and tripod in the lanner style mesh pocket?

Is there a smooth, shiny coating on the inside, or do both sides look the same?

Thank you, that is helpful to know there is a drain hole.
No shiny coating on the inside of the pocket far as i can tell, heres some pics. The shine on the seams is just silicone I applied, if you can see it, and the final pic is the inside of the main bag, the xpac is really shiny as you surely know already. Maybe kevin will chime in and answer

Attachments

• 20210411_112027.jpg
    20210411_112027.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210411_112051.jpg
    20210411_112051.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210411_112115.jpg
    20210411_112115.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210411_112151.jpg
    20210411_112151.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 48

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
No shiny coating on the inside of the pocket far as i can tell, heres some pics. The shine on the seams is just silicone I applied, if you can see it, and the final pic is the inside of the main bag, the xpac is really shiny as you surely know already. Maybe kevin will chime in and answer
Thank you.