Talk me into a seek outside

Cut bobbed and removed enough off my kuiu gen 1 5200 to get it down to 4.6 pounds

It's hauled 100 pound loads and some 70+ as well in this configuration (bull Tahr and then a red stag)

Really like the meat shelf feature on the kuiu but my brain keep telling me I can stand to lose some weight those big vertical days

I tried in their shop the unaweep and the divide. Pretty keen on the divide but I can't get over how "flimsy" the hip belt and straps are.

Keep what I got or go with the unaweep/divide

Thanks for real world experience replies

I don't have a unaweep or a divide. I do have a Revolution and love it. I have hauled over 70-80lbs in it probably a total of 50 miles while training and ran it at 40lbs for several weeks of hunting last year. I wasn't sore or tore up in my shoulders or back from any of that, knees hurt but that is more an old guy thing than backpack thing. A side note I was having issues while training getting the pack to feel "right" with all the weight. So I called them up, the lady on the phone kindly took my information. 15 minutes later the owner called me back and patiently walked me through configuring my pack. He answered all of my silly questions and was very helpful in getting it squared away.

The thing is a tank , easily configurable, can run it in a meat-shelf configuration if so inclined. I am very hard/clumsy on gear, if it can be broken I will find a way to do it, so far this thing has taken all of my abuse with aplomb.

I also I love the roll top with the fully zippered side and huge pockets makes storage and accessing things very easy. I would however recommend if you get one to get a talon as well for a water bladder.

The belt on the revolution is very comfortable and I believe the same one as the unaweep. I am 6'5 and over 230lbs when in mountain shape and I have not had a problem getting it configured to fit very comfortably. You can also use the Kifaru belt pouches to give you more storage on your hip.

All in all I guarantee you will not be disappointed with a Seek Outside backpack.

Outdoorsman3830

Lil-Rokslider
Unaweep is hands down my favorite pack after coming from a Mystery Ranch NICE frame and Kifaru Hunter Duplex frame. I believe it is a superior load hauler, but requires more care when loading the bag since their is no frame sheet. I love the hip belt, but switched out the harness for my Hill People Gear harness. The HPG harness simply fits/conforms better than any other harness I've used.

Palerider is spot on with equipping your system with a talon, especially for hydration bladders. Accessing your bladder is much easier and eliminates the risk of a leak inside your pack. However, it places the weight further away from your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
I have a older paradox/evolution frame with older fortress 4800 bag. Just ordered a talon and lid for mine. I've previously been rigging a USMC bladder carrier between the frame and bag and am really looking forward to the lid and talon both.
Pack for me carries very well and have yet to get fatigued from running it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
N
Thanks for replies guys!

We messed around for a bit at the shop fitting a pack. Was cool to see the ladies working hard in the back making packs and tents and stuff.

I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to hunts. Big roll top bag that's waterproof seems up my alley if it's lightweight and can hump out an elk quarter done deal.

I'll be making the switch soon.

Absolutely Nothing flimsy when pack is on your back. By a MILE, the most comfortable pack I have ever owned!!!

duchntr

WKR
How "comfy" is it with say 70 pounds or so??

I have the unaweep 6300, its real comfortable at 70 for me, only packed 4 animals so far though. I dont know anything about flimsy waist straps, as id gladly take my seek pack over anything Ive tried before (MR,Kifaru). I will add if your currant pack works for you I wouldn't buy another unless 20oz is a huge deal to you.

OP
N
20oz isn't a huge deal, but my hunts tend to be huge 3 day missions nowadays.. lots of vertical. On flat ground I don't care, sidehilling scree slopes and 4000 ft climbs I do.

Goal is to have 15 pounds on my back, including bino and harness.

DaveC

WKR
Goal is to have 15 pounds on my back, including bino and harness.

The Unaweep series is the lightest load hauler you can get at the moment. Get a 4800 in Multicam, go Talon-less, and trim a bunch of stuff and you'll be at 3 pounds.

OP
N
Funny that's the exact advice the younger taller guy gave as well.

Akicita

WKR
Cut bobbed and removed enough off my kuiu gen 1 5200 to get it down to 4.6 pounds

It's hauled 100 pound loads and some 70+ as well in this configuration (bull Tahr and then a red stag)

Really like the meat shelf feature on the kuiu but my brain keep telling me I can stand to lose some weight those big vertical days

I tried in their shop the unaweep and the divide. Pretty keen on the divide but I can't get over how "flimsy" the hip belt and straps are.

Keep what I got or go with the unaweep/divide

Thanks for real world experience replies

Hands down one of the best and most comfortable packs I have ever used in my 50+ years. . . 65-70 pound 10 day late season load out with 8 days of food, Redcliff, SXL Stove, Rifle, kitchen sink, etc. . .

20161020_075925_zpsnlurn4e3.jpg

Ebby

WKR
I love mine too. I've had one since the beginning and recently upgraded the suspension. I've had 100 plus in mine several times and routinely do 75-80lbs. I've owned a SG 5100 and a Kifaru UL5200 and a KUIU 5200 and MR 6500. I kept the Seek Outside and use it all the time. Very comfy. I too was concerned by the lack of padding and structure in the shoulder straps and waist belt but I've found them to be more comfortable than the others in actual use. Don't let that deter you. If it fits you, I think you will like it and the light weight is a huge plus.

lee

lugi06

FNG
I love my SO Revolution frame. I run mine similar to what you are looking for.

Seek Outside Revolution Frame with Talon
Sea to Summit Big River 65L
Kifaru Guide Lid
Kifaru belt pockets

I have not packed an animal out yet, but have many miles with up to 50 pounds with not issues at all. Looking forward to packing out heavy. I don't think you would regret it.

texag10

WKR
I use a revolution frame and fortress 4800 bag to pack 50lb bags of corn in for public land hog hunting here in TX. It's super easy to get the weight transferred to your hips, then it's just a matter of if your muscles can take it.

I've experimented back and forth with my water bladder in my talon or between the packbag and frame. In the talon is easiest but the hose on my setup isn't long enough to allow me to drink on the move.

OP
N
Anyway to mount a child carrier to this thing? Two birds stoned at once always makes it easier

I hope I like mine ! I just got it about a week ago, It looks and feels tough and super lightweight. Hand made and signed.
f833ee8f8a2297bf8e3795f2f5ecfe4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddie63

WKR
I haven't hauled an animal yet in it but training hikes and treadmill use with 40-60 lbs is very comfortable for me. I like running it in the 28" frame configuration since I'm a bit taller. It is a really light but strong pack. I don't see myself looking for any other pack soon.