Talk Me Out Of a 6mm Creedmoor

Matt3479

FNG
it’s a fantastic caliber. I’ve owned one now for 2-3 years I believe. 105’s at 3130fps. It has been awesome. Less recoil then my 260, but less barrel life too. Taken it too 1100 yards with excellent success. My only negative too it would have to be it seems to foul up a little faster then some of my other calibers. Honestly from here forward though, I think I’ll be sticking with the br variants. Fantastic, crazy accurate, super efficient, virtually 0 recoil! 6mm creed has now been bumped down and become my long range yote gun/back up deer gun. The 6bra has taken its roll for prs and target, and the 25 creed has filled its roll for hunting and prs

3FFA4F9C-C2E3-4690-BDFC-9827B8CF7A11.jpeg6AA8DFE1-725D-4560-B63C-B0949B0BA093.jpeg

Clark33

WKR
I shot a big bodied muley at 475 with the 108 eldm, high shoulder, dropped him. Recovered bullet on offside hide. My Seekins PH1 6cm is one of the most accurate rifles I own. Nice for hunting solo as you can spot your impacts easily and it shoots Hornady and Berger ammo sub moa all day. It’s a fun caliber

khuber84

WKR
I just acquired a ruger predator 6mm creed. I have only built customs for the last 4 years other than one screaming deal on a Christensen. Haven't shot it yet, have 2 boxes of lapua brass and 800x 108 elite hunter bergers coming. Will likely run rl26, rl23 or N555. I've shot with many prs competitors running the creed with great success, just have to stay on top your seating depth tune as throat moves quick with the faster burning powders.

Anybody worked on some reduced recoil loads for one? I have been looking at the 6mm ARC as a kid’s gun, but since Howa has been dragging their feet on coming out with this in the mini action, I’m considering other options.

I like the idea of something like a 100 gr cup and core bullet at 2500 fps for deer inside 100 yards, but the 6mm Creedmoor would allow them to stretch the range and game size as they get a bit bigger.

Before anyone chimes in with the lack of recoil in full power loads, it’s common around here for 6 year olds to shoot their first deer. My boy is 4 now and weighs 33 lbs.

khuber84

WKR
Anybody worked on some reduced recoil loads for one? I have been looking at the 6mm ARC as a kid’s gun, but since Howa has been dragging their feet on coming out with this in the mini action, I’m considering other options.

I like the idea of something like a 100 gr cup and core bullet at 2500 fps for deer inside 100 yards, but the 6mm Creedmoor would allow them to stretch the range and game size as they get a bit bigger.

Before anyone chimes in with the lack of recoil in full power loads, it’s common around here for 6 year olds to shoot their first deer. My boy is 4 now and weighs 33 lbs.
How does that work? In Montana a hunter has to be minimum of 11 and has to be hunting with a mentor. At age 12 they get a full license and can hunt at will.

Hnthrdr

WKR
A lot has changed in 2 years, fun to see a lot of guys who would shoot the 6cm at elk, talking about how it would be marginal for for white tail or antelope… myself included. On the hunt for a 6cm myself

khuber84

WKR
A 26" barrel will run everything to 3100fpa without any pressure in my testing of 4 different barrels from 24-26", my 18" is running 105 Bergers at 2950 from a Tikka. I know it's a toasty load with 42.2gr H4350, however the case heads look clean and the primers are just starting to flatten.

rclouse79

WKR
It seems like a good choice if you have thick skin and are not bothered by all the man bun memes you are sure to get.

Rolltide

FNG
LOL...I came across this thread because I've been trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on a 6CM Springfield Waypoint because I want a shorter-barreled rifle to shoot and hunt with that's suppressed without it being too long to be handy.

Now, I'm torn on going that route or just putting a new barrel on a .243 Remington 700 that I never shoot...