Talk me out of a Beretta A300

OP
Phil4

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
It cycled 2 boxes of 1oz no problem so I’m fine with it. I’ll try 7/8 again after some more use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I am in the minority here but I had to send mine down the road because it turned into a single shot half the time. It was well broke in and it was cleaned and I use REM dry lube so it wouldn’t freeze up in the duck blind but the second 3” shell would only chambers about 3/4 of the way and nothing would change that so I sold it for a Browning a-5 and haven’t looked back. Mine could have been an anomaly but I lost confidence in it so nothing a gun smith would do could change that. Good luck with the gun and look at the franchi line of guns they seem to shoulder great.

I've probably run a case and a half of target loads, and half a case of bird shot through my A300. I had one instance with bird shot where the gun didn't go into battery, but that was due to bad weather blowing in tons of sand and gunk into the action. Cleaned it out, no further issues.

Overall, I really like mine, except the finish on the barrel bugs me. I wish it was smooth like the receiver instead of being kind of rough/blasted. Also the exterior of the barrel started rusting on me while duck hunting during wet weather. And because the barrel is rough, it is much tougher to clean and oil compared to the receiver (which is smooth, nicely finished, and showed no rust). Not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

Last edited:

GACory

FNG
I’ve got one that I use for dove and it’s an excellent shooter. Have the A400 also and it’s an excellent also just a lot nicer.