Talk me out of a CA Ridgeline

I traded a Christensen for a tikka. I won’t own another. Too much money to roll the dice on a factory rifle imo.
Did the same here(figuratively).

OP - you mention mag length concerns, but then you want a short mag. You do realize there are aftermarket short mag boxes available, together with changing(or grinding down) the bolt stop, would allow you to seat the bullets out as far as you could want with a short mag?

It’s honestly exactly what I did. I had a CA Ridgeline in 280ai and while it shot well, it looked like it was put together by an amateur. Sloppy machine work. Heavier than advertised. Stock ergonomics sucked for distance shooting. After taking a long hard look at it, I couldn’t see where it was worth the price I paid so I sent it up the road, took the proceeds and purchased a 300wsm Tikka SL, bought the hells canyon mag, an AG Alpine Hunter stock and new bottom metal. They’ve now updated the twist rates on the 30, but even with the 11 it shoots the 200 eldx great.

I’ve been looking at the Ridgeline myself. Seems to be so many mixed reviews out there. Not sure how to take it all, or what direction to go… May go away from a Ridgeline now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I've had the Ridgeline 7mm RM for a few years & I absolutely love it & would buy another one in a heartbeat. I've never owned any other "high end" rifles, just Remington 700's so my frame of reference is pretty shallow. It's smooth, sub MOA & I've never had any issues. It gives me confidence to take shots I would never consider with other ones I've had.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
My ridgeline is a 1/4 moa rifle. If you go to long rangeonly forum u will see positive stuff. This forum promotes Tikkas and poopoos on christensens. I also had a CA Mesa and it was also a 1/4 moa rifle. Sold it to buy the lighter ridgeline.

Kris

FNG
On my kodiak mountain goat hunt. I took my 300 Win Mag Ridgeline. First round at 300yds nailed the goat just behind shoulder (should have died) four more rounds at increasing distances. I put one right through its heart at 585 yards. This all happened in two minutes or so. Point is the guns accurate, it holds zero through multiple shots. I've been as nice as I could to her l, but kodiak island can be a real tough test of gear. Only thing I'd change is the stock, for a higher comb. But a strap on cheek riser fixes that.

I’ve been looking at the Ridgeline myself. Seems to be so many mixed reviews out there. Not sure how to take it all, or what direction to go… May go away from a Ridgeline now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of the negative reviews come from guys who have never owned one. Get your info from people who have actual experience with their rifles.

I love my Ridgeline 300 win mag. I would recommend it to anybody. I followed their recommended break in and it shoots great. I shoot 180 grain accubonds.

Kris

FNG
78.5grn H1000, 180grn accubond, Nosler brass, Fed210. Gives 3050 in my 300 win.

Nobody stays in business for 3.5 decades by doing poor quality work. I have been selling them for more than 10 years with 1 single manufacturing issue. If you call them, they will tell you what ammo works best for their rifles.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My sample size isn’t huge but here’s my experience with Christensen.

2 Mesas and 1 Ridgeline.

Only 1 Mesa is still in the family. My father in laws 6.5 PRC that he uses fairly often.

The ridgeline and the other Mesa both had to go back to Christensen twice. One for feeding issues and one for accuracy issues. Both were “corrected” and sent back to me. They did not fix the issues so they were sent back. Didn’t bother checking them after they returned for the 2nd time. They were sold after that.

As the demand has increased for their rifles compared to years past, I believe they do have a quality control issue. I’ve used their carbon barrels on some competition 10/22 builds from years ago. Never had issues back then, awesomely accurate barrels. Not sure what’s up with these new bolt action rifles they are churning out. Not the same quality.

Small sample size of Ridgelines here as well, but absolutely no complaints. 1 ridgeline in 7mag and buddy has 1 ridgeline titanium in 300mag. Bought the rifles new. I worked up 4 different loads for the 7mag (accubonds, sst, eldx, vld) & all shoot sub moa. Worked up 1 load for the 300 and it shoots sub moa as well. Everything either of these rifles has been fired at has died. We both love em. I plan to have the short model ordered this summer

BXB77

FNG
I'm a Tikka/Sako guy through and through, but their short mag boxes leave me wanting.

Sportsman's has the Ridgelines on sale and I have 10% off so they would be $1,575.

Considering a 300 wsm given that almost all their magnum offerings and 280ai are 26" and I'd prefer 24".

Currently have a Sako A7 in 7rm that is superbly accurate with 162eldms but I can't stand the short mag box, slow twist, and wouldn't mind shedding a half pound or more. I could swap barrels on it but can't find prefits and there are very few stock options.

Will the Ridgeline leave me wanting in the smoothness and accuracy department or is it a solid rifle at the price point?

I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots sub MOA with factory ammo. The fit and finish is good for the price point. It is comparable to my Fierce Carbon Fury. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one. You might look at the titanium version. Their magnums are 24”

Sako300

WKR
300 win mag Ridgeline owner here. Purchased 8 months ago from Eurooptic. With the 26’’ barrel and the 6.5 lb rifle weight, I can’t complain on the 215 Berger hybrid reloads that shoot sub 1/2 moa. I am also getting 2950 FPS with this pill. Hard to argue with that!!! Maybe if you are a reloader????????