Talk me out of a fast eddie double pin

I have a triple stack, and it’s definitely worth the money. I’d say your experience with black gold is a one-off, and you’d be fine sticking with the black gold if you like the platform.

Black gold makes a dual pin that has individually adjustable pins

As for the number of pins needed, I’ve learned from stalking pigs (who never stop moving) that 3 pins is the best combo of clear sight picture and not needing to constantly move my sight. The triple stack is the best of those simply because the single pin style sight picture is the easiest for my crappy eyeballs.

OP
E
I will say my old eyes fell out of love the SH double pin and I cannot hunt with lights in Idaho. So it had to go. My BG new double pin gives me brighter pins and a moveable 2’nd pin. I’m settled at 20 and 35 that’s bottom maxed out. With 496 grain arrow going low 280s. If the new HHA double pin was adjustable I’ld be looking that way as well tetra sights are super under valued IMO. I loved the one I had I just wanted a double pin scope. They’re a few months to years behind the competition at that.
Interesting how people's eyes perceive things differently. Totally get what you're saying. Others had very different experience.
I used to have an HHA. Didn't hate it at all!

Cbe engage hybrid 3 pin slider. Weighs 1 pound less and you can actually set your 3 pins. Run them on both of my Hoyt’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they were built on a solid reputation but unfortunately got bought out and production moved overseas a while back. a tier below spot hogg, hha, axcel etc imo
View attachment 435603

But if that were the case we should all give up our Chinese cell phones. Not pickin but stating the obvious. I’d be game on a spot Hogg if the pins were actually adjustable. I’d even go back to an hha if the sight tapes were on the inside of the bow bs the outside. For the price, weight and the setup I’ll stick with the cbes. Run them on both of my bows. I’m right handed so the weight and sight tape placement is what had me sold. Hated turning the bow over to move the sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the issues i have with the spot hoggs is where the sight tape is. After running an Axcel acctouch for years, the tape being on the other side of the bow is a NO GO for me. Its just to handy to have the tape facing the side of the bow thats typically facing me.

I do love the Double pin from them though. I modified my sight to accept the spot hogg housing and its great for hunting IMO.

But if that were the case we should all give up our Chinese cell phones. Not pickin but stating the obvious.
Is there a comparable American made cell phone on the market? No. But there certainly is for sights and archery equipment. You're comparing apples and oranges

I have a XL stack which I love, but it is heavy. I’m trying out a black gold pro hunter this year, not able to micro adjust anything which makes it lighter but so far so good. I think both are great.

I went from a S&S archery MBG Pro with Big Dog housing on a dovetail to a spot Hogg fast Eddie double pin, which is pretty great. However, I prefer MBG and picked up a S&S Pro Hunter 3