Talk me out of a fast eddie double pin

OK guys... hear me out...

Talk me out of a Spot Hogg Fast eddie double pin.

I currently have a 5 pin black gold whitetail and I have really liked it. I recently broke the rail that sight slides on and a fiber broke on the pin. I got a new rail from black gold and the customer service was amazing. However, what lead to it breaking has me concerned...
The bow tipped off of the picnic table and hit just right which broke out the aluminu.aluminum. my hunch is that I had weakened it and had a stress fracture on it from over tightening so I can't say I blame the sight. It has served me well.

I have been kicking around the idea of a single pin sight for practice. My eyes aren't getting any younger and I genuinely dislike pin gapping in practice at any significant distance. I have been playing with yardage estimation and have come to find out that I can estimate pretty well (+/- 2 yards to 45) but after that all bets are off.

I only ever shoot deer with my top two pins, so I am considering a double pin from spot hogg.

Talk me out of it. What are the pros and cons I'm not thinking of. Who has one? Who loves it? Who hates it?

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I have an XL and love it. Can't really go wrong with Spot Hogg sights. I had a Tommy Hogg that was built like a tank too and had micro yardage adjustments if that is something you would like.

OP
E
I wouldn’t trade mine for any other sight on the market.

I’d like to see the triple stack but doubtful I would switch.
Ever wish you had a 3rd while hunting? Where do your pins fall for yardage gap?

OP
E
I have an XL and love it. Can't really go wrong with Spot Hogg sights. I had a Tommy Hogg that was built like a tank too and had micro yardage adjustments if that is something you would like.
What pin configuration?

OP
E
How far is your average shot while hunting?
Short. I hunt deer in thick cover mostly, and make a trip west for elk . I'd love to be cool and say it was farther but the average of my last 20 deer is less than 20. I shot a doe bedded at 35 a few years ago, and I shot a doe with a second shot two years ago at 65. Those are my longest shots...

Every time I look at a deer at 40 I'm like, dang that doe is far.... guess I'm meant to be a bow hunter.

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
What pin configuration?
I've had single 0.019" and 0.010", double 0.010" and currently double 0.019". FYI any newer spot hogg single pin scope will have an extra hole in the pin stalk and tubing in the scope which you can feed through an additional fiber of your choosing.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Short. I hunt deer in thick cover mostly, and make a trip west for elk . I'd love to be cool and say it was farther but the average of my last 20 deer is less than 20. I shot a doe bedded at 35 a few years ago, and I shot a doe with a second shot two years ago at 65. Those are my longest shots...

Every time I look at a deer at 40 I'm like, dang that doe is far.... guess I'm meant to be a bow hunter.

For my deer setup, I use my 60 lbs mods. With that setup, I can shoot to 40 yds with my single pin set at 30 yds without holding off the deer.

I’m not crazy about SH sights, but a single pin sounds like it would be all you need.

OP
E
For my deer setup, I use my 60 lbs mods. With that setup, I can shoot to 40 yds with my single pin set at 30 yds without holding off the deer.

I’m not crazy about SH sights, but a single pin sounds like it would be all you need.
I shoot as far as I can all year, but when it comes to hunting I really am an up close and personal kind of hunter. The only thing I can think that would have me shooting farther is open country mule deer or elk. I have an elk tag for Idaho again this year, and a SD deer tag which might be a ground and pound quest for my first muley... with both of those critters being fast moving my fear is only have 2 pins and not having time to adjust yardage. To be fair, if it's far enough that I need to range, it's far enough for me to dial my sight since it would likely be over 40.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I shoot as far as I can all year, but when it comes to hunting I really am an up close and personal kind of hunter. The only thing I can think that would have me shooting farther is open country mule deer or elk. I have an elk tag for Idaho again this year, and a SD deer tag which might be a ground and pound quest for my first muley... with both of those critters being fast moving my fear is only have 2 pins and not having time to adjust yardage. To be fair, if it's far enough that I need to range, it's far enough for me to dial my sight since it would likely be over 40.

I’ve been using HHA sights for years and love them. I’m currently using the Tetra Max single pin with the 0.019 pin. Works perfect for me.

Good luck with your search.

OP
E
I found a .29 double pin for a really good price.... anybody ever use the 29 pins from spot hogg? I know at long range they would cover more of the target but I'm thinking about first and last light under 30 yards, the type of stuff I do most.

Buy it! Lol I love mine, I set my top pin at 30 and second is about 45. Allows me to shoot to 50 without moving anything.. obviously if I have time I will move it to the exact yardage, which I love. Good luck

CJF

WKR
Ever wish you had a 3rd while hunting? Where do your pins fall for yardage gap?
I’ve never wished I had a third. My pins fall at 20 and 35. With that I’m good out to 40.

If I my setup in any given situation lends itself to a longer shot, then I’ll dial down to 25 and 40. I’m comfortable shooting that to 45. *this is only for elk. I want to be more accurate on deer past 35.

get one you wont regret it. I had a black gold break too they aren't as durable. set your top pin to 25 and your second should come to around 37-40 and you should be gtg.

As the others said if you shoot it regularly and can judge distance good enough just shoot it enough to understand the drop past your pens set yardage incase u have a quick shot on something past you pen range that you don’t have as much time to adjust