Talk me out of a fast eddie double pin

I uses the double pin in .010. I find the pins plenty bright enough for last light and small enough not to cover the target and provide pinpoint accuracy. My pins land at 20 and 37 currently. Anything beyond 40 and I want to dial to exact yardage.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I uses the double pin in .010. I find the pins plenty bright enough for last light and small enough not to cover the target and provide pinpoint accuracy. My pins land at 20 and 37 currently. Anything beyond 40 and I want to dial to exact yardage.
Love my fast Eddie double pin and that’s where my pins land currently with a 505gr arrow shooting out of a V3. On my older NoCam, I was at 20 and 32.

JoeDirt

WKR
You can send your housing into Spot Hogg, back when I did it I paid $20 for them to switch the pins.

I went with a .010" and that was too small it had low light in the evenings under a tree canopy.

Thunder17

FNG
I’ve had the Fast Eddie xl double pin with .019 pins for a couple years. It’s definitely my favorite sight out of all the ones I’ve tried, I have no intentions of changing.

i had a double pin for a couple years. i definatly liked it. my gaps were 20/35 about and the top of the bubble was 50ish i think. i found it hard to precisely use the second pin. it was good enough to hit a deer will but just loss some accuracy there i felt. i also didnt like the gap being that far. i now have a 5 pin and prefer it personally. less arrows go to jesus to since i dont dial near as much. which is another reason i prefer the 5 pin. i had my sight dialed to 40 hunting and then the thing closed distance and was more at 20-25 and i had to guess how low to aim. it didnt pan out lol. its a great sight if it fits your shooting preferences and distances but in my opinion. but i prefer the 5 pin.

I had 2 fast Eddie's the first was a 2 pin I gave that one to my dad it's on his bow then I had a 3 pin fast eddie I loved it had it set up as 20 30 40 then could dial with my middle pin. I traded that for a 7 pin and so far I'm loving it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mgray

FNG
I’ve got the two pin (not XL) and I like it. I think I may have a hint of target panic but it helps to settle the lower pin on the target, then lower it to the top pin. This is helpful shooting longer ranges all summer. 90% of our whitetail shots are <35 yards so two pins cover that for me.

Pramo

WKR
I have a double pin and have owned every high end sight from option archery to Montana black gold. I really like the double pin but I had to put in the time to get comfortable shooting without adjusting out to 40 yards. My pins sit at 25 and 40 and I easily shoot from 10-40 after learning the hold over /under.

To me I like a clear picture when hunting so the single vertical pin is ideal

OP
E
I have a double pin and have owned every high end sight from option archery to Montana black gold. I really like the double pin but I had to put in the time to get comfortable shooting without adjusting out to 40 yards. My pins sit at 25 and 40 and I easily shoot from 10-40 after learning the hold over /under.

To me I like a clear picture when hunting so the single vertical pin is ideal
I love a clear sight picture, especially when shooting long range for practice in the off season, and I'm struggling with this because in my head I keep hearing the "what if" of a deer changing trails, or a fast follow up shot without time to dial. The reality is, Almost all of my deer have been top pin. But for some reason I'm stuck with this idea that I need more than 2. However, I don't want the weight of the spot hog multiple pin head, or the clutter.... have you ever wished you had 3 or 4 pins?

OP
E
For those of you who have the double pin.... do you ever wish you had 3 or 4? Has it cost you a shot opportunity?

Ever have a deer bust you sliding your sight?

For elk in mixed country, spotting and calling would you still run the 2 pin?

I'm so intrigued but I'm having a hard time with the idea of not having 3 or 4 or 5 pins for when things get dicey.

Does anybody use their pin gap on their two pin sight to judge yardage on game?

For turkeys, even deer from a stand I can't see a downside. My fear is elk. If they move how far can I still be effective. Granted they have a big killzone, so maybe it's not an issue.

Pramo

WKR
I love a clear sight picture, especially when shooting long range for practice in the off season, and I'm struggling with this because in my head I keep hearing the "what if" of a deer changing trails, or a fast follow up shot without time to dial. The reality is, Almost all of my deer have been top pin. But for some reason I'm stuck with this idea that I need more than 2. However, I don't want the weight of the spot hog multiple pin head, or the clutter.... have you ever wished you had 3 or 4 pins?
I’ve used everything from 5 pins, 3 pin sliders, and single pin. Been bow hunting about 25 years. If you go two pin you need to commit to leaning hold over and what to do when it’s between the top and bottom pin. I also like 25 yards as the zero give me a little more flexibility when shooting at animals

svivian

WKR
For those of you who have the double pin.... do you ever wish you had 3 or 4? Has it cost you a shot opportunity?

I'm so intrigued but I'm having a hard time with the idea of not having 3 or 4 or 5 pins for when things get dicey.

For turkeys, even deer from a stand I can't see a downside. My fear is elk. If they move how far can I still be effective. Granted they have a big killzone, so maybe it's not an issue.
I use the 3 pin set at 30, 40 and 50 yards. Anything under 30 yards you wont need to adjust and anything over 50 yards you have the time to range and adjust.

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my go at trying talk you out of the fast eddie double pin... The fast eddie triple stack is a much better option with more versatility. Best sight on the market IMO. Sure you'll read reviews about people complaining about the weight. My advice to them is to get stronger. I have not noticed the weight. Love having 20-30-40 pins ready to go as the default option plus the ability to dial in for longer shots if I so choose. I'm sure it's breakable, but short of dropping your bow off a cliff and it landing directly on the sight, I'm not sure how you'd break it.

jgrg1215

FNG

I switched from a Spot Hogg Hogg It (5 pins) to a Fast Eddie XL with the double pin a couple of years ago. One of the first bucks I had an opportunity at was walking my way and I was ranging, dialing, he was walking, ranging, dialing, he was walking. I ended up not getting a shot (not because of ranging and dialing, it just didn't work out), but I learned that day that I needed to be able to shoot whitetails without dialing in 95% of the situations I would be in. Instead of dialing and shooting at 70 yards in the backyard every day for practice, I started shooting 20-40 yards with my double pin without dialing. My pins were 20 and 34 and I quickly had no issues using them out to 40 without dialing. I much preferred this method and have since felt much more comfortable in hunting situations when deer are around and have had no issues shooting deer this way. I am like you in that a deer at 35-40 yards looks like a long ways out and tiny, so those shots are going to be rare for me anyways. And if they do present themselves I will take the time to dial and make sure I can make a good shot, and if this causes me to not get the shot opportunity then that is ok.

I used the 2 pin in elk country just the same way, but I moved my pins to 25 and 37. I felt very comfortable to 45 on an elk without dialing. Called a bull in and killed him a 20 yards, but never considered touching my pins as he closed the last 50 yards.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what feels best for you and what you'll have the most confidence in. I tend to overthink things and stressed about this same thing when I switched from the 5 pin Hogg It, but haven't missed it one single day yet.

OP
E
Here is my go at trying talk you out of the fast eddie double pin... The fast eddie triple stack is a much better option with more versatility. Best sight on the market IMO. Sure you'll read reviews about people complaining about the weight. My advice to them is to get stronger. I have not noticed the weight. Love having 20-30-40 pins ready to go as the default option plus the ability to dial in for longer shots if I so choose. I'm sure it's breakable, but short of dropping your bow off a cliff and it landing directly on the sight, I'm not sure how you'd break it.
Dang you lol.... I was just saying that the 3 pin might be the ticket. For whitetails 20-30-40. For elk 30 40 50... dial for everything further. Ugh! How heavy is it really? As in how many total oz?

OP
E
I’ve used everything from 5 pins, 3 pin sliders, and single pin. Been bow hunting about 25 years. If you go two pin you need to commit to leaning hold over and what to do when it’s between the top and bottom pin. I also like 25 yards as the zero give me a little more flexibility when shooting at animals
I really like dialing for increased precision when target practicing. I love a single pin for clarity. But I'm nervous about a missed opportunity because of the pin set up. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too...

OP
E
I switched from a Spot Hogg Hogg It (5 pins) to a Fast Eddie XL with the double pin a couple of years ago. One of the first bucks I had an opportunity at was walking my way and I was ranging, dialing, he was walking, ranging, dialing, he was walking. I ended up not getting a shot (not because of ranging and dialing, it just didn't work out), but I learned that day that I needed to be able to shoot whitetails without dialing in 95% of the situations I would be in. Instead of dialing and shooting at 70 yards in the backyard every day for practice, I started shooting 20-40 yards with my double pin without dialing. My pins were 20 and 34 and I quickly had no issues using them out to 40 without dialing. I much preferred this method and have since felt much more comfortable in hunting situations when deer are around and have had no issues shooting deer this way. I am like you in that a deer at 35-40 yards looks like a long ways out and tiny, so those shots are going to be rare for me anyways. And if they do present themselves I will take the time to dial and make sure I can make a good shot, and if this causes me to not get the shot opportunity then that is ok.

I used the 2 pin in elk country just the same way, but I moved my pins to 25 and 37. I felt very comfortable to 45 on an elk without dialing. Called a bull in and killed him a 20 yards, but never considered touching my pins as he closed the last 50 yards.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what feels best for you and what you'll have the most confidence in. I tend to overthink things and stressed about this same thing when I switched from the 5 pin Hogg It, but haven't missed it one single day yet.
Oh man I am a chronic tinkered and over thinker when it comes to hunting gear so U feel that. I spend all year preparing for those few shots I get each year.... I went from 5 to 4 pins and so far so good. Maybe baby steps to the fast eddie. Do the heads interchange? Could ai get a 2 pin and if I don't like it get a 3 or 5 pin head for the same base?

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine and everything about it except for the windage adjustment. Don’t know why they couldn’t put hash marks on it so you have a reference point when adjusting.