Talk me out of Swaro

So here’s the deal- I have been running Razor 10x42’s for a couple years now, and I like them. I’m well aware that they are upper-mid level glass and the warranty etc. I just picked up a razor 85mm spotter to replace my Nikon ED50. Then I just had a thought that I could return the 85 and sell my nockers in order to finance some Swaro SLC’s. I would hang on to my ED50, and I don’t find myself using a spotter that much anyway. My main priority with glass is finding game, not so much trophy judging. I do hunt quite a bit of large and open country, and with my current 10s I can find game at quite a distance. So is trading up a good idea or am I better off as I sit?

mcseal2

WKR
I'd do it if I was you. My buddy had a 85 Razor and I had an ED50 at the time. I never liked his big Razor as much as I did my ED50. It wasn't enough better to justify the weight and bulk to me. That was in was 2012, I'm sure the Razor line has improved since then. He sold his Razor and got a STS80 Swaro since. I run 15x56 SLC's and a Kowa 554 now, and we both have smaller binos for the chest harness. Between us we are pretty well set for any glassing on our hunts.

I don’t think SLC 10x42s are ever a wrong choice. I’ve had mine for about a year and I love them. Huge upgrade from my diamondback 10x42s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it. I used 10x42 SLC's this year. I had Maven C.1's, Vortex Viper's, and Vortex Razor's to compare them to. The difference was astronomical. I could see things in low light conditions that I had never seen before. The SLC's kicked butt.

OP
M
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was worried that I may be shortchanging myself in the spotter area, and hesitant to go for broke when I may be sitting “good enough”

Felix40

WKR
Ill be the odd guy out...swaros arent magic. Unless you can find a good deal on some I dont think it would be worth it to upgrade. There are a lot of binos out there that perform 95% as good at half the price.

With that said, if you are packing your spotter anywhere you could save a bunch of weight by upgrading to a higher quality with smaller objective. The more power the more critical it is to have better glass.

You won’t go wrong with Swarovski. Not only are they superior..... They will go up in value in the long run when the binos you have now will only lose value.