talk to me about fhf bino harness or others

NYlions

FNG
Well I was looking for any real life experience for the Pnuma bino/tech harness as I had one in order at the time 😆.

I received it the other day and I can say it it is a great harness. Probably one of the better purchases I have made for hunting. Very well built with magnetic open/close lid for both bino and tech pouch. Fit is fantastic and very comfortable. Also comes with a lifetime warranty. Molle on both sides of harness so you can flip tech pouch or add a holster. Very pleased with it so far. Just thought I would add my .02 cents. Cheers.

WKR
Really like my AGC gear. Had never heard of FHF but went to their site and made right here in USA also. I'll for sure consider them.

KHNC

WKR
I have been a big fan of my original FHF for years now. I have no idea who they support and i have never tried to contact them. I have always tucked the lid behind the binos when im actually hunting. Works terrific and simple to access. I wont be changing. Every shock cord system ive had stretched and ended up being a piece of crap. They also bounce when running. Running with a harness is a thing, believe it or not.

After running the FHF I've been liking the Outdoor Vision Harness:

I often like to leave my harness open for fast and easy glassing when slow hunting. The OV magnets work well and are quiet. When I'd bend over with the FHF often my binos would fall out, which doesn't happen with the Outdoor Vision.

I think I wanted to try the Marsupial but they were out of stock at the time, but the Outdoor Vision has been super solid for me.

ODB

WKR
I used an FHF for a while and wanted to like it. But I went back to my homemade strap I made a bunch of years ago.

Thought it was very well made though. I have other FHF stuff and like them.

Laramie

WKR
I use the S4 Gear harness and love it. I'm on year 7 or 8 with the same harness and have had zero issues with it. I like it because it is simple and very easy to operate with one hand. It does a decent job of protecting my binos but it isn't perfect in that regard. I tried the fully enclosed pouch style from 2 different manufacturers and hated them.

Ran an ACG and an FHF. I preferred the closure and overall slimness of the fhf and sold the ACG. I think a fair criticism of the FHF design is that it isn’t fully enclosed. I took a dusty ATV ride and it was enough to coat my lenses. If I did that often, I might rethink my choice.

FWIW the founder was on the meateater podcast <insert trolling and hateful comments here> and mentioned they a coming out with chest rigs with various functions soon. I am a big fan of the chest rig concEPR and actually run my FHF non a mole chest rig now.

jmez

WKR
Another FHF fan. It works well for me. I don't mind how it opens and I don't tuck the flap like some here. I just open and close every time I use it. Becomes second nature in a very short time.

kpk

WKR
I have an AGC that I used for years and was happy with. I bought an enclosed Marsupial this year that I'm now equally happy with. Marsupial is definitely less bulky and more comfortable - especially if you're on the average/smaller side. Haven't abused the Marsupial much but it does show wear already (mostly just the stretchy panel areas). The AGC was used heavily and still looks brand new.

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Marsupial gear. They are top notch quality and SUPER modular, which is awesome because you can build a system that works for you.
1) Super comfortable straps (that as someone above mentioned can be bought seperately)
2) Modular system that works with all their straps.
  • You can actually buy a bino harness and then buy just a standalone chest rig for fishing, hunting, (stuff you mentioned in the OP) and it all perfectly works together
  • They sell tech pouches, gadget pouches rangefinder pouches (multiple sizes) that integrate perfectly into it
  • bottom of their packs have molle web so you can add on bow hangers, bear spray holder, or ( as in my setup) a sidearm holster that fits my glock 20 perfectly.
3) They are made here in Phoenix and are super responsive. Owner is active on social media and they have EXCELLENT customer service

Anyway, I highly recommend them. In all fairness, I've never owned a FHF bino harness but I've owned others which led me to look for a better solution. Marsupial was that solution and at the time I didn't even know they were local -they just had the gear that fit my needs the best.

Good Luck,
Reef

Venom One

WKR
I really like my Marsupial gear. They are top notch quality and SUPER modular, which is awesome because you can build a system that works for you.
1) Super comfortable straps (that as someone above mentioned can be bought seperately)
2) Modular system that works with all their straps.
  • You can actually buy a bino harness and then buy just a standalone chest rig for fishing, hunting, (stuff you mentioned in the OP) and it all perfectly works together
  • They sell tech pouches, gadget pouches rangefinder pouches (multiple sizes) that integrate perfectly into it
  • bottom of their packs have molle web so you can add on bow hangers, bear spray holder, or ( as in my setup) a sidearm holster that fits my glock 20 perfectly.
3) They are made here in Phoenix and are super responsive. Owner is active on social media and they have EXCELLENT customer service

Anyway, I highly recommend them. In all fairness, I've never owned a FHF bino harness but I've owned others which led me to look for a better solution. Marsupial was that solution and at the time I didn't even know they were local -they just had the gear that fit my needs the best.

Good Luck,
Reef
For a fully enclosed, forward opening harness, the Marsupial seems to be top notch. The quality and workmanship look super and the modularity is tough to beat.

What I don't get is why does Marsupial (and most other's who make forward opening harnesses), also make their range finder pouches forward opening? Reaching behind the pouch to open it just seems ridiculously backwards to me. I suppose you get used to it like anything, but it seems easier to just have a normal flap.

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
I actually like the reverse open range finder flap. It folds down and magnetic stays open and out of the way. So before and during crunch time you can easily access and use your rangefinder quickly multiple times with no hassle.
Reef

ty_ms3

FNG
My FHF fits me and doesn’t move like a few others I’ve tried. The opening system works well for me, and has the option to fall closed without it needing to be fully clasped, which I find is useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I use the S4 Gear harness and love it. I'm on year 7 or 8 with the same harness and have had zero issues with it. I like it because it is simple and very easy to operate with one hand. It does a decent job of protecting my binos but it isn't perfect in that regard. I tried the fully enclosed pouch style from 2 different manufacturers and hated them.
I have used the same setup since they came out. I have 3 of those harnesses and have bought them for my son and SIL:. My first one for my swaros finally wore out this year in Montana, so I bought a KUIU Pro to see how it works. I like the fact that there are no latches or magnets , you flip the top forward and tuck it and you can pull your binos out and then drop them back in. If the weather gets bad I just zip up my coat as my harness is under my coat all the time. I will see how it works this winter. I still like the simplicity of the S4 though, and for the way I carry my binos like the protection they provide.

18B3PW

FNG
LOL!!! That's exactly what I say about the other harnesses on the market! I tuck the lid behind my binos on my FHF and it works great, in fact it is one of THE reasons I use it. The other reason is that FHF is so small and compact, and of course it is comfortable, but they are pretty much all comfy.

I guess the take home is that you gotta try stuff yourself, one man's junk is another's treasure!
True dat