Talk to your minor children about vape pens before this happens

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
That is soul crushing. Thank you for sharing, it could save someone else from the same.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I'm so sorry for your family. I believe the school I teach at and my area has an epidemic of vaping . We have an Inservice bimonthly on it, a school assembly a couple of times a year and still it continues. No deaths yet we've been lucky. Parents talking to their kids is the best answer. The vaping companies really trick kids on this with flavors that entice kids. Middle school kids really are attracted to vaping. Thank you for sharing it may save someones child on this site.

I've got two young babies but will remember this and talk to them sooner rather than later.

Prayers for you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

bwlacy

WKR
Holy crap! I feel so bad for your family. I can't even imagine what it would be like for your brother and his family.
Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you guys can find a way to cope and persevere through this tragedy.

So sorry

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Terrible story. Sorry for your loss. I have several nieces and nephews at the same age. Scary times. Arizona is a hotbed for Fentanyl coming across the border.

Thoughts and prayers to your entire family.
I live in AZ and have heard that from my LEO friend. My brother and his family live in a rural community in MO of 5k people.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
I'm sorry but I've lost track of who I have replied to. We are dealing with a lot. I have replied to so many calls emails and messages over the last few days and I'm not 100% right now. If I've not replied to you please know that I appreciate each and every one of you that has offered condolences and prayers. I am also reading every message to my brother and his other daughter. These messages of kindness and concern are heartwarming. Thank you thank you thank you.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
That is terrible. Hard to put that kind of loss into words.
It would be hard for me not going to a pretty dark place with the “friend”.
The "friend" called my nieces mother and apologized. She said it was a terrible accident and she is sorry but doesn't feel responsible. She even came to the candlelight vigil at the High School before we knew she was involved and gave a speach in front of 300 people and my entire family saying how much she loved my niece and how devastated she was. She has changed her story so many times and lied to so many people I am convinced she is a psychopath.

ODB

WKR
Holy hell. Breaks my heart man. I’m going to go read this to my 14 year old right now.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, it is always hard to lose someone but even worse when it was a totally avoidable death of a young person. I hope your brother will realize there was nothing he could have done and doesn't beat himself up over it although as a dad he will always feel what if I would have done this etc. and will likely be a hell that he lives with for a long time. I am going to show my teenage son this message and the photo of your niece. Your family will be in our prayers tonight brother.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Holy hell. Breaks my heart man. I’m going to go read this to my 14 year old right now.
Buy two identical vape pens. Hand them to your 14 year old and ask if he/she can tell the difference between the two. When he/she says no tell them one has tobacco in it and one has tobacco laced with a poison that will kill you with one single puff. I am going to do this with my grandchildren when they are 10-12 years old.

Reactions: ODB

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
My God. My heart breaks for your whole family. I have a 21 year old son and 20 year old daughter and cannot imagine that pain. Prayers for you all.

schmalzy

WKR
Prayers for your family. Truly hate reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s only the iceberg of what can go in a vap pen. They are putting meth in the vap oils too. It’s sad that the youth will have no idea until it’s too late. For that one time try. Synthetic fentanyl is the worse as it’s much stronger than what we use in the hospital. I’m thankful for everyone of the overdoses I can help. Payers and hugs to you and her family.

I cannot imagine what your brother and the rest of your family is going through right now. I have three small children and will definitely talk to them sooner rather than later about this. Hopefully the “friend” and the person that sold it to the friend will be punished for their actions. I will have your family in my prayers. I know this was tough to share but thank you for doing so. Hopefully your story will help save someone’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for sharing this tragedy. I just spoke with my three teens about your story. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.