Talk to your minor children about vape pens before this happens

manitou1

WKR
Unimaginable. I am so sorry for the loss of your niece. Condolences to you and her family. Man, the emotions of rage and sorrow are heavy. I cannot even pretend to understand what you guys are experiencing. Such a loss.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Unimaginable. I am so sorry for the loss of your niece. Condolences to you and her family. Man, the emotions of rage and sorrow are heavy. I cannot even pretend to understand what you guys are experiencing. Such a loss.
Thank you.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
While terribly painful, I am so glad you shared this. I have already forwarded the message to people I know who's family is in the at risk group. I also plan to have a strong conversation with my 15 year old son later today. Maybe some good can come out of this terrible tragedy. This possibility wasn't even on my radar.

Fullfan

WKR
Such a tragic loss. As a School Police officer on a daily basis I find and take at least 2-3 vapes a day. I work at a Vocational school where the kids are in grades 9-12. This has become a huge thing with kids in the last 2 years. Parents do need to pay attention.

Damn, brother, that’s heavy. Sorry for your loss. I trust you and your family have fond memories of her to help carry you all through this. Prayers heading your way.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
We have learned from the police that it is also common to put a drop of liquid containing Fentanyl on rolling papers. One more thing to be concerned about.

My Dept has issued Narcan to every Deputy, and we get training on how to dispense it properly. Since we have been carrying it, it has saved several people who would have died otherwise. The shift supervisors carry extra doses, just in case. BUT if we don't get the call (as in this case), we don't find out until it's too late. Sad sad story. Kids think it's just a little weed, but when it's not and things go wrong, they get scared and never think of calling for help because they don't want to get in trouble.

Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than Heroin, so it doesn't take much exposure to cause severe problems that are usually fatal to those that don't know what they are taking.

I'm sitting in the garage with my 17yo and 13 yo sons . I made them read this thread from start to finish hoping they understand the absolute lethality of designer drugs and " incidental friends "My heart aches in sympathy for your loss , I feel sick to my stomach and nothing will ever replace your loved one, but please know that random strangers nationwide are praying for you and your families.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
I'm sitting in the garage with my 17yo and 13 yo sons . I made them read this thread from start to finish hoping they understand the absolute lethality of designer drugs and " incidental friends "My heart aches in sympathy for your loss , I feel sick to my stomach and nothing will ever replace your loved one, but please know that random strangers nationwide are praying for you and your families.
I hope my post helps your sons resist the temptation to experiment with drugs. I know that peer pressure makes it difficult to say no. Thank you for your kind words and for making your sons read the post.

Jesus, this is terrifying, my little girls are just babies right now, but this conveys the urgency of having these conversations sooner rather than later, and repeating them. I am so so sorry for your family's loss, my heart goes out to you all. Stay strong.

Mowata

FNG
I know this is from a few years ago but I would like to add my two cents worth. I lost a son to this crap, staight A student, star athlete. It is a epidemic in our country. I tell parents when asked, take your children when around 10 to 12 years old to your local jail to see what happens to kids when they take the wrong path in life. Our county jail has tours for this purpose.

ethan

WKR
That is terrible man, and while I don’t have the words you and your family will be in our prayers.

Thanks for sharing a painful story. I’m going to make my teenage daughter read this tomorrow. God bless her and her family.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
I know this is from a few years ago but I would like to add my two cents worth. I lost a son to this crap, staight A student, star athlete. It is a epidemic in our country. I tell parents when asked, take your children when around 10 to 12 years old to your local jail to see what happens to kids when they take the wrong path in life. Our county jail has tours for this purpose.
I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope the good memories that you have with him give you some comfort. I believe that many of the young people that die from fentanyl did not set out to take fentanyl. They thought they were getting ritalin to study for a test or ecstasy or valium to "relax". The cartels are mixing fentanyl into many commonly bought street drugs and our government is doing little to stop them. This must change.