Talk to your minor children about vape pens before this happens

fmyth

WKR
On Saturday afternoon my brother (non member but elk hunter) came home from work and found his 17 year old daughter dead in her bed. She was a straight A student, Varsity cheerleader and talented dancer. She had no health issues and had never had so much as a speeding ticket. I can't go into detail but after sitting with my brother for hour after hour talking to the police and my nieces friends, it appears that her new "friend" thought it would funny to get her to take a few puffs of a vape pen knowing that it contained Cannibus extract and FENTANYL. This "friend" told my niece the vape pen had a little "weed" in it. We have been told that the friend confessed that she went into convulsions and lost consciousness. Her "friend" propped her up against the wall and slipped out of the house while my brother was in the shower. He had no idea this "friend" was even in the house when he went to work early that morning. Before he left he knocked on her door and said he was going to work, he would be home early and he loved her. He assumed she was sleeping in as has been common with her during her Corona Summer. Her "friend" was too much of a coward to call 911. The EMT building is 4 houses down from my brothers. You can stand on his porch and see the paramedic trucks. It is quite possible that one 911 call could have saved her life.

The police are conducting an investigation but I don't anticipate anyone being charged and my niece was 17 and considered an adult in her state. My brother had several conversations with her about using drugs but never thought to talk to her about the possibility of marijuana being laced with a power opiod that can kill you with no warning. I hope the girl that thought it was funny to slip her Fentanyl burns in hell. I hope the police can find and prosecute the local drug dealer who mixed the MJ extract with Fentanyl and sold it to "kids" spends the remainder of his life in the pen. I am with my brother and his family trying to comfort them.

If you have kids at home please tell them that a puff from a vape pen can kill you and to never trust anyone. Even a seemingly harmless "weed pen" could be laced with a deadly drug they never intended to use.

Another beautiful bright young person has made one bad decision and has lost her life. I'm sure she felt no pain. My brother and is family are left to bear the pain and agony of her poor decision. We will never be the same.

Please talk to your children and young adults. This world is filled with stupid and evil people.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Damn man, this hits home with anybody raising up children right now. Hopefully this situation/outcome can save someone else. I am sorry for your family. I'll be praying for comfort for you all.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

AKBorn

WKR
Jesus. Prayers up for your brother, his family, and you and yours. I know it must have been terrible to share that story, thanks for thinking of others at such a tragic time.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Damn man, this hits home with anybody raising up children right now. Hopefully this situation/outcome can save someone else. I am sorry for your family. I'll be praying for comfort for you all.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk
Thank you.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Jesus. Prayers up for your brother, his family, and you and yours. I know it must have been terrible to share that story, thanks for thinking of others at such a tragic time.
Thank you.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
Thank you for the kind words. My reason for sharing is to bring awareness to this potential danger that many parents are not aware of. Now that weed is legal in most states and many others no longer consider it a chargeable crime to possess our society has come to accept it as safe. I suppose it might be safe if you get it from a legit dispensary but that's not how kids obtain it.

My heart and prayers go out to family and friends.

Unfortunately as a school psychologist, I hear about these type of things way to often, and once in a while, I deal with such incidents. Such things are way more common than most think.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. I never would have thought of something like that. I will talk to both of my girls about this tonight.
I can't tell you how that makes me feel right now. Please let them know that the threat is real. Show them this picture of my beautiful beautiful niece Sophia.

Attachments

• 116872930_10221266010511693_3185475541782471216_o.jpg
    116872930_10221266010511693_3185475541782471216_o.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 651
OP
F

fmyth

WKR
My heart and prayers go out to family and friends.

Unfortunately as a school psychologist, I hear about these type of things way to often, and once in a while, I deal with such incidents. Such things are way more common than most think.
Thank you. I am grateful for professionals like you. You'll never know how many kids lives you have saved.

Rob5589

WKR
Many condolences to you and family.

Fentanyl is a significant problem and has been found laced in many different street drugs. Many times in doses that are too high for reversal medications (narcan) to work.

Sad, sad, sad.

nrh6.7

WKR
fmyth, so very sorry to hear about this. When I read the title I thought it would be about exploding vape pens. Never thought it would be this! Our youngest (20) insists on using the things and is sure there is nothing wrong with them. I will be sharing your niece's story with him in hopes he quits. Prayers for you and your family.

AZ8

WKR
Terrible story. Sorry for your loss. I have several nieces and nephews at the same age. Scary times. Arizona is a hotbed for Fentanyl coming across the border.

Thoughts and prayers to your entire family.

That is terrible. Hard to put that kind of loss into words.
It would be hard for me not going to a pretty dark place with the “friend”.

That’s awful. So sorry to hear about that. Fentanyl is bad stuff! I heard it talked about on a podcast how little it takes to kill a person and it was scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. This type of thing should never happen. I'm a father of three girls and shit like this scares me. Hang in there.

As a father of two young girls this breaks my heart. Thank you for making me aware of this so I can share it with friends, and family. I hope they catch the pos who sold this, and let there be no punishment too severe

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP