Tall gear

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Certainly I cant be the only tall guy in here. What do you guys wear? Do any of higher end camo companies, Kuiu, First Lite, Sitka make anything for us taller people. I'm 6'7" and thin, 230#. I have a problem with sleeve length and inseam length. Any help?

BluMtn

WKR
Welcome to the club. Although I am only 6'5" I have found the KUIU, SKRE, Cabelas (old stuff, not the Red Head stuff), Kryptek make long inseams. KUIU you have to let out but will go to almost 36" which for hunting gear is huge. Most inseams in talls only go to 34". I have sent Emails to the manufacturers and received a very polite response but basically we are not a big enough market. (no pun intended) I know there are more out there that might make a tall, but those are the pants that I have in my collection.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm 6'6" 220 and it's pretty slim pickings for the most part for pants if you have a 37"+ inseam. I have several pairs of older Cabela's Microtex and Microtex Lite that came unhemmed at 37" which is great (but long gone), and I haven't found anybody else that has anything that fits even close to the same. A few companies advertise 36" inseams which would work ok, but then they shorten the rise in their pants essentially making them a 33-34" length unless you wear them like plumber's pants.

Most of the Tall shirts are fine from my experience, but I'm not as picky with having my sleeves go all the way to my wrist. I wear a 38" sleeve dress shirt.

BluMtn

WKR
One thing I will add is, it seems that when they put the (T or L) after any clothing they add another $10.00 to the price which usually amounts to 1.5" of material. If there was a big difference like a tall or long that would have an inseam of 36" to 40" I would not mind paying the extra. I pay an extra $2.00 for my 38 & 40" inseam wranglers. Shirts don't seem to get the surcharge that pants do.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
My brother is 6’8” and he wears Sitka. He likes the fit of the tops but the inseam wasn’t long enough in the pants. He contacted Sitka about it and they said to send them back and they would add material needed for proper fit. He never got into cost or anything because he ended up just adding length to the suspenders on his own and doesn’t complain about them any more so it must’ve worked. I’m 6’5” and the LT pants fit me perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
6' 5-6" and sub 200# and all legs, I've found that either FL or Kings has the right length. I also use a hiking gaiter year around and I forget about the length or lack thereof of my pants

BluMtn

WKR
Just looked up the Pnuma clothes. Don't know how I have missed that line of clothing. I think I am going to order some of their pants and give them a try.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of the things I love most about SKRE gear is that thier sleeve length is just right for me on most of the tops. They also have tall sized pants but the regular have worked for me at 6'4"

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

bnoble318

FNG
6’5” guy just tagging this post.

Don’t forget that you can look for regular out door brands for lots of things, which can help expand the search a notch.

Broomd

WKR
Eddie Bauer makes just about everything in talls. I'm 6'6'' about 230, and find most things I need there.
btw...
Non-DCS Kuiu Guide coats in XXL are surprisingly kind to the tall frame,..fit perfecto.

Last edited:
6'6" and about 250. I ordered some Kings camo hunter serious pants and they fit great. I ordered up a waist size, 40x36 because I figured since they are pretty thin I'd need to layer alot underneath them. Kings is about the only place I've seen with longer inseams. Now shirts and jackets, yeah that's a pain. I have ling arms and everything I've tried is always short in the arms

MP.hunter

FNG
I’m 6’6” 210 and love the fit of Kryptek tall pants and XL tops. Everything else is too short for my, also 36 waist the pants all fit nicely in the XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Pnuma pants and jacket is anyone using for elk hunting in October? I've been eyeing the King's XKG Ridge pants. Could get 2 pairs of those to 1 pair of the Pnuma. But if Pnuma is that much better I might start considering them instead.

5.11 makes pants in tall inseams. I wear 31x36 wranglers and the 5.11 36 inseam seems longer than those. They also offer unhemmed in some of their pants. The taclite pro, apex, and stryke are all pretty good. I think its the apex pants that have a similar feel/material to the kuiu attack pants. Prana also offers their zion pants in 36 inseams.

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
Im 6'7" 300lbs. I run the Kuiu Tuburon and Kryptek Valhalla Pant. Kuiu are a tad short when sitting down but the Kryptek Pants stay down around my boots. I had the Kuiu Guide pants and those were long enough as well.

6'7" @ 240lb
36" inseam with a 36" waist

Sitka for me. I've been quite happy with the stuff other than the stuff now FINALLY going to Gore-tex Pro Shell which I think should have been implemented a long time ago.
I tend to buy the largest sizes I can in tall sizes.
Timberline pants I wear a 37 tall so i can wear a pair of merino pants under if it gets cold.
I have stormfront series, apex, fanatic and equinox. They all fit a little different depending on the series.
Any questions just shout.

zacattack

WKR
Eddie Bauer makes most everyon
Certainly I cant be the only tall guy in here. What do you guys wear? Do any of higher end camo companies, Kuiu, First Lite, Sitka make anything for us taller people. I'm 6'7" and thin, 230#. I have a problem with sleeve length and inseam len

Eddie Bauer makes a lot of their clothes in tall and they are truly tall cut, and well made. One of the only pants I can find in 34x36 which is like finding the holy grail. Also they have sales all the time. I have 3 pair of their guide pro pants. I also have a couple of Sitka and First lite pieces that fit really well.