Tall Guy 1 mant bivvy tent.

fatrascal

WKR
I have a friend who is 6'5" tall who is getting into bivvy hunting. He asked me about lightweight one man tents for backpacking. I know of some good tents but they would be a little short for him. What do you extra tall guys use? Fatrascal.

Pro953

WKR
Tarptent Pro Trail might not be super spacious but it worked for me at 6’2”. Just depends on how picky he is with headspace etc… it would certainly work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
Just got a Tarptent Double Rainbow. Seam sealed it over the weekend. I'm really impressed with how much room is in it. I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of room above my head and below my feet when laying on my back. Worth a look.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
At 6'6" 220, I like my space.......as I use a 14x16 wall tent solo much of the time for truck camping. But even for packing in I use a "so-called" 4-man tent........it's really a 2-man tent......the BA Copper Spur UL4. Ya it weighs 5-ish lbs, but I'll take the weight penalty to be comfortable. And that way I only need one packing tent for when one of my daughters or a buddy go with me. When my buddy goes, I just make him carry 5lbs of my other stuff I'm taking, so it all works out.

I am 6'4" and have a Big Agnes 3 wire that I fit in fine. If you want to go floorless it is hard to beat the Mt Smith Mountain LT for size, cost and wt.

I have a friend who is 6'5" tall who is getting into bivvy hunting. He asked me about lightweight one man tents for backpacking. I know of some good tents but they would be a little short for him. What do you extra tall guys use? Fatrascal.

I’m 6’2”, 325.... I just ordered a custom sized Bivy from Borah. Only an additional $15!

Awesome customer service!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I have would work…Warbonnet Ground Tarp and a Borah Bug bivy. He would need to get a custom length bivy, which Borah will do for a very small fee.

Superdoo

WKR
The SO Silex fits my 6'6" zero degree down bag on top of my exped mat with inches to spare on each side.
I'm 6'2" tall and can sit comfortably in a helinox chair inside of it too.

OP
fatrascal

fatrascal

WKR
Superdoo, I actually have an x-mid that I have not set up yet. We have plans to set it up and see if one would work for him. Thanks for the tip. Fatrascal.

ScottP

WKR
I also have the mountainsmith mountain shelter. I take that if weather looks dicey and I want more square footage to spread out. It’s very roomy for 1 person.
Many things to consider- freestanding, single wall, floorles, trekking pole pitch, fabric weight, etc.

j33

WKR
Superdoo, I actually have an x-mid that I have not set up yet. We have plans to set it up and see if one would work for him. Thanks for the tip. Fatrascal.

Run the Xmid floor less and sleep at a little angle it will work.

The most underrated tent on the market, comes with a nest at the price people pay for a fly only on other tents on the market.

OP
fatrascal

fatrascal

WKR
In some states like Colorado ants and bugs are not a huge problem in the high country. We are in Nevada and we have lots of bugs in the high country. So a tent with a floor is what we are looking for. Fatrascal

Reactions: j33