Tall guy clothes hunting

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
I know I can't be the only tall guy out there that is having trouble finding clothing for hunting I am 6'9" and 240 lb where are you guys shopping at

Poser

WKR
At 6’9, your not just “tall”, you are very rare human specimen that comprises less than 1% of the human population. Non of the technical hunting brands make clothing in your size, however, there is a website called “big camo” that specializes in big and tall hunting clothes.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
First lite & eddie bauer have tall. and aren't too wide. I don't waste my time trying to find anything other than tall sizes now.

I'll tell you that large tall FL pants were too tall for me... I'm 6'5".

Poser

WKR
Pnuma also has tall sizes I am 6'6" 240LBS and there XLT fits great. Kuiu has pants in 37" inseam.

Unless we are talking some weird, crazy length torso proportions, a guy is 6’9 is likely going to require a 39- 40 inch minimum inseam.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, I thought I had it bad at 6'6".

Sitka has tall, but availability is mixed. I haven't tried any of the other higher end brands. Midway house brand stuff is usually available in tall, but it's not high end materials. Works fine for eastern hunting for me.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Oh, forgot to mention Eddie Bauer. Nearly all my regular clothes are from that store. Their outerwear is good stuff if you're into solids, and they have tons of 50% off sales.

I wear a 34 minimum up to 36 depending on brands. The stone glacier dehavilland lites are almost too long, and I like them long. The regular dehavillands are not quite as long but close. My favorite pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mnash

FNG
The Tall sizes from Sitka are pretty dang long. I’m 6’3” and the tall size pant and sleeves are 3-4” too long on me. Might be your best bet

btindall

FNG
At 6’9, your not just “tall”, you are very rare human specimen that comprises less than 1% of the human population. Non of the technical hunting brands make clothing in your size, however, there is a website called “big camo” that specializes in big and tall hunting clothes.
We make a 38" Length pant and long jacket would fit a 6' 9" person. Made in the USA too.

Cheers Brian

Akirie

FNG
You can undo the hem stitching at the ankles and gain 1.5 to 2 inches on some pants. Worked well on my Kuius.

muddydogs

WKR
Dude I feel your pain, at 6'10" and 300 pounds nothing fits me. A few years back when Cabela's was still Cabela's I found some stuff in there Instinct line that fit and I have been babying it ever since hoping it'll last a while since none of the other clothing lines make things big enough or if they do it's one off and weird like the brand hinted about above. A jacket that lets the slightest breeze blow through isn't what I want in a jacket.

What really gets me are companies that say they have 3 and 4 xl jackets but when I try them on they are more xl to 2 xl. The product rep always wants to argue about sizes when I tell them I have been wearing 3xl tall shirts for years and know a 3xl when I try it on. Skre for example thinks there 4xl jacket is 4xl but by there sizing I would need a 7xl to fit. When A 4xl jacket won't even come close to zipping up you can bet it's not 4xl.

I've tried all the big names at the local outdoor show and nothing is sized correctly or made big enough especially if you want something made with the current high tech fabrics. Sure you can go to Big Camo and find stuff for the back East tree stand hunter made of cotton but I have never seen anything on there site worth a darn for Western hunting.

Lowg08

WKR
I feel I’m awkwardly built now after reading this thread. I’m 6’2” 240 and I wear 35-36 inseam and have a 76” wing span. I have to wear tall. Other wise the sleeves are half way up my forearms. The first lite foundry in 35 fit just about right and the Klamath reg is really long too.

zach_c

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, Stone Glacier, and all the other hunting clothing brands SUCK for not making tall sizes. In very few cases you may find a tall piece from them. Drives me crazy. I wish one of them would offer all of their products in Medium Tall and I would probably buy every piece of their clothing. This is also an open invite for one of their Owners or Product people to contact me about my frustration and how they can resolve it!

Ultimately, you will have to piece your clothing together from all of the hunting brands, plus these below. Try to buy solids as much as possible otherwise the camo never matches...
Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, Beyond Clothing, Black Ovis, and Military surplus/ecwcs

Last edited:

Thess87

WKR
Sitka tall pant aren’t really tall. The best I’ve found length wise is kryptek and kuiu tall pants. I have 38” inseam and those both seem to fit fairly well.

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 6’9”, 225. I have some Sitka base layer shirts. The Tall fits well. I’d start there for upper body if you want camo. If you don’t need camp Beyond Clothing makes great layer systems also . But everything is always out of stock in Tall.
I have some Kuiu pants. The in seams are 36 but close enough. This is the closest you’ll get from a hunting company in pants. Eddie Bauer guide pants and Prana both Make great pants in 36 length. 85% of my clothes are Eddie Bauer and Columbia.
Eddie Bauer sizing is very consistent. Columbia it’s more random. But when there are several items of my daily shirts I like better from Columbia.
I’d say i go with Sitka or Beyond Clothing for upper body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk