Tall guy Shape Charge

Thinking about buying a Kifaru shape charge for saddle/stand hunting white tails. Seems like the bag is a little short. I’m 6’2” with a 19.75in torso. Like I said, it seems a little small. With the exception of buying one and selling it there’s no way to really try it. What’s everyone’s experience with this pack? It looks great and would be my first high end pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
I’ve never owned a shape charge but handled one. Ended up with a 22 mag on a frame and I couldn’t be happier. Had tons of animals in it and miles on it too.

In theory that’s what I’d get, but out of budget for me at the moment

I am 6’1” with a long torso and found the Shape Charge to fit me good. It was quite comfortable. The only reason I sold mine was because I didn’t like how the bag tapered at the bottom and I needed more room.

OP
S
I am 6’1” with a long torso and found the Shape Charge to fit me good. It was quite comfortable. The only reason I sold mine was because I didn’t like how the bag tapered at the bottom and I needed more room.

What kind of hunting

Following this thread because my situation is similar...
I'm looking at shape charge vs door Gunner with Sherman for whitetail stands and on the ground. And I'm 6'7" with a 23.5" torso.
To me, both seem like they might be too short. Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about 6'3". I use a shape charge and sherman pocket for my whitetail hunting. I carry my platform and sticks in with my pack. Anything else I need for a stand hunt is thrown in there as well. Last season I didnt have a belt on my pack so my shoulders really felt it on the longer walks in. This season I have a belt and it has made a huge difference. Obviously I don't get the same lift as I get from my 26" frame but I can get it to relieve some pressure off of my shoulders enough to make it comfortable to carry all of my gear in for a hunt.

Reviving this thread....I did not see an answer for the question and I am in the same boat. I see Shape Charges for sale but I ask myself are they too short for someone like me? 6'2" @ 195 .. 21" Torso.

Reviving this thread....I did not see an answer for the question and I am in the same boat. I see Shape Charges for sale but I ask myself are they too short for someone like me? 6'2" @ 195 .. 21" Torso.
I ended up getting one. It's a stretch for me. I'm a little fluffy as well, so I had to let the shoulder straps out to almost the end. You sound much more lean than me, so I *think* it would probably fit you really well.

After using it hunting 1 year and intermittent throughout the year, personally, I wouldn't want to pack it much over maybe 30-35#. However, that could also be the fitment issue with my ogre shape.

n8towles

FNG
This was helpful thread - I ended up going with Stryker XL for my saddle hunting setup since down the road it could allow me to adapt to other big game hunts