Tall, lightweight hunting chair

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Looked at a few threads regarding camping chairs but still not sure about what might best suit my needs.
I'm looking for a chair for Whitetail hunting. We hunt northern Alberta, with lots of hiking/scouting and then all day sits in cold temps. I have used the typical cheap folding camping chair for years, but they are heavy and bulky. My current chair has seen it's last season, so looking at a replacement and wanted to get something better than just stopping at our local Canadian Tire. My ideal chair would be:

Lightweight & compact - I walk miles while hunting/scouting (no ATV) and carry heavy winter clothing, thermos, lunch, rifle, etc. along with a chair. I take only the essentials but, in -30 temps, carrying big clothes is a must and they are bulky. Cutting down the weight in my pack, with a lightweight chair, compared to what I have been using, would be nice.

Tall - at least the seat height. I'm 6'3, and lots of camping chairs have their seats too close to the ground. Plus, while hunting like we do, even a few inches of extra height in the seat can make a big difference in what you can see.

Wide feet - also makes a difference in not sinking into the snow or the ground, which affect the ability to see while seated.

Of course strong, not weak plastic parts that can easily break in cold weather, etc. Comfort is another necessity, as we sit all day for days in a row, once we find the area we want to spend time in. The three legged stools definitely fail in the comfort department.

Color - neutral color such as medium gray. Blue, orange, yellow, etc. are definitely not on the list.

I've seen a few references to chairs such as the Klymit Timberline, Helinox Sunset, and they may be a good choice. However, these chairs have a sling style seat which looks to put your butt closer to the ground than other chairs. As noted, a tall seat is important to be able to see and, for a taller guy like me, are just more comfortable. Maybe these chairs are high enough in the seat, but it is a concern from what I have seen online. I haven't seen any in the stores I have been to, other than the close to the ground type, so may have to go online to find something. But would really appreciate some recommendations on what might work.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the brown Sunset chair. I set it up in a Barronette Radar blind and it was the perfect height. That’s what I plan to use for back country whitetail hunting in the SC mtns. It packs up small and sets up easy. I’d recommend it.

OP
Bigfeet

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this back to the top. Still looking for ideas.
shax2lex - I did look at the Sunset chair but the sling style seat height, and reclining posture, don't really suit what I'm looking for.
I weighed my current chair, at least what is left of it(!), and it comes out at 5.5 pounds plus. Front of the seat is 16" off the ground and with a 'flat' seat I'm only an inch or so lower to the ground when sitting in it. It has been OK but hoping to find a better option. I found the BOG 4 on the floor chair. Very similar to what I have but 19" off the ground. I like the extra height, but it is black (which stands out in the snowy woods) and weighs at 5.5 pounds as well.
So, any other options to consider?

Felton

WKR

Might want to look at this company. Dang things are expensive! I have not used one but ran across them in my search for a light chair.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
Easy question; the answer is the Camp Time Roll-A-Chair.

I'm 6' 5" and have both the regular height and the tall one. I actually prefer the regular height most of the time, but the tall one is nice when you do want to sit a little higher.

Easy question; the answer is the Camp Time Roll-A-Chair.

I'm 6' 5" and have both the regular height and the tall one. I actually prefer the regular height most of the time, but the tall one is nice when you do want to sit a little higher.
This looks interesting. Have you ever used them hunting? My issue is when the legs of a stool sinks in softer ground which puts my knees up by my ears when i sit.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I once shot a whitetail while sitting on my Roll-A-Chair in tall grass. 75 yards with a smoothbore 20 ga slug with irons. It was the first deer my son watched me take; I felt like a pro that day.

I still do carry in my chair for every local day hunt. This is tree stand country, but I like to find spots to tuck in under trees, in bushes or tall grass where I can set up with my little chair and sit comfortably but still see and shoot over the brush in front of me. Sitting comfortably makes it easier to sit very still.

On any kind of pack-in trip, the chair goes strapped to the side of my pack. It also goes on every ice fishing trip.

I find that the 4-leg design tends to not sink in as easily as 3 does. Often it seems like one leg is on softer ground and not really holding up its share, but the chair still sits level with the other 3 legs. If I want to recline a bit, I intentionally shove the rear leg into the ground a little. Of course, soft enough ground will let 2 or more legs sink in. Sometimes I find rocks to shove down the holes the legs made, then put the legs back on the rocks.

The 4 legs can be a struggle on uneven, rocky ground. After years of use, I broke a leg on my first chair trying to sit on ground like that with 1 leg in the air (to be fair, I'm pushing 250 lbs). I ordered 2 more chairs when I got home, and still use them both.

tracker12

WKR
Millenium blind chair is awesome. LW super comphy, quiet, big feet that each adjust compact as much asa full size chair can get.

ryansean

FNG
Have you checked out the Waldrop Pac seat? They're pricey for a chair, but definitely worth it. They are some reviews on YouTube and his site.

My seat is about 17 inches with a small blow up pillow and extremely comfortable. Sounds like it checks all of your boxes if that height works for you.