Tall puffy

Snyder54

FNG
I’m a little late to the conversation but I am also 6’9” with a 6’9” wingspan and 37” inseam for reference. I have and really like the following puffys:
Kifaru Lost Park XXL
First Lite Brooks Down XXL
Kuiu Kenai XXL

All three fit me in both sleeve and torso. The Kifaru is the warmest of the three and also runs a little bulkier. The First Lite and Kuiu are a little slimmer fit.

I use the First Lite for early season, the Kuiu for mid to late, and the Kifaru for late season.

I also tried the Kuiu Ultra Down and it was too small in both torso and sleeves.

Might be too late but hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I am not 6'9 but I am 6'6 and need tall sizes. Currently I run 3 different jackets for either hunting or everyday wear -

Eddie Bauer Evertherm 2.0 - XL Tall - Incredibly warm for how light and thin it is. It'll surprise you, I love the jacket, and the tall fit is perfect. Not too bulky, not too thin, not expensive (relative). I honestly have zero complaints about this jacket.

First Lite Uncompaghre 2.0 - XXL - Warm and light but short in body around the waist. Feels a lot like the Evertherm in regards to warmth and weight.

KUIU Kenai Ultra - XXL - Warm and quiet, longer than the FL 2.0 but probably not as warm as the Evertherm and FL. More of a midlayer than outer layer, definitely more of athletic fit.

Bottom line is if I am weighing performance, price and tall fit all rolled into one, you absolutely cannot go wrong with the Evertherm. Just an outstanding piece for overall performance and warmth to weight. I know Eddie Bauer gets overlooked with all the other hunting brands out there but you should really give this a look especially if you can catch it during one of EB's big sales:

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
So i think i got it figured. I'm keeping the Eddie bauer ignitelite. I'm sending back the evertherm jacket. I really liked it. Suoer thin and light. And warm. I just ordered the BC version. This one has a fancy hood. 45gram insulstion vs 30 in regular. big bonus it's 2" longer in body. Also the bc is waterproof. Which makes me feel better about having down.
So between my cabelas wooltimate, columbia ascender, tthen a thsse two eddie bauer jackets. I think between different combinations. I should be pretty set.
Thanks guys. ! I'll let ou know about the bc

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
Ok got the evertherm BC. This is not what i expected.. it's intense. The regular evertherm was a nice jacket. Comfy. Silky. Be great if you were wearing it on a hike or going to store on a fall winter day.
This thing. If isn't not just awful weather, Id think you'd cook in it. Outside us more course nylon. (Waterproofed). Its hot though..i was swesting bad just taking these pictures. Its also huge. Very long body and sleeves. - I'm 6'9" remember. If you were not layering up. Id recommend going down a size.
First pic is just jacket un adjusted. Notice sleeve length.
Second is adjusted.
3rd is with ignitelight puffy. (Which by way I'm liking alot so far, not really tested it in woods yet. Still not cold here.
735137d0242fd06c7afcc3464b09a7c6.jpg
55b84ac6e41aaa9854722f3f78a063c5.jpg
f71d90fc8956df3eeabe4b286fa15199.jpg

dbd1313

FNG
Try Beyond clothing
Also Nunatak
won't even let me respond to your message. I've been on here a few years just never post. I'd like to buy that rangefinder if still available. Let me get my 10 posts today without being too much of a troll and I'll message you. Thanks.

@GiantGreg you need to field test these and get back to us.

Warmth, windproof, water resistance and noise. Is it noisy and does it get noisier when the temps drop.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Ok got the evertherm BC. This is not what i expected.. it's intense. The regular evertherm was a nice jacket. Comfy. Silky. Be great if you were wearing it on a hike or going to store on a fall winter day.
This thing. If isn't not just awful weather, Id think you'd cook in it. Outside us more course nylon. (Waterproofed). Its hot though..i was swesting bad just taking these pictures. Its also huge. Very long body and sleeves. - I'm 6'9" remember. If you were not layering up. Id recommend going down a size.
First pic is just jacket un adjusted. Notice sleeve length.
Second is adjusted.
3rd is with ignitelight puffy. (Which by way I'm liking alot so far, not really tested it in woods yet. Still not cold here.
735137d0242fd06c7afcc3464b09a7c6.jpg
55b84ac6e41aaa9854722f3f78a063c5.jpg
f71d90fc8956df3eeabe4b286fa15199.jpg

That is a sweet looking jacket! Looks like a fortified Evertherm.