Tall rain jackets budget to mid price

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'9" looking for a rain jacket. I wear alot of EB some llbean. I have s beyond clothing shift shell which is amazing. But their rain jacket is $350. To much for me. Are those 2 and 2.5 layer rain jackets worth it or just bleh? I was thinking around at $100. I don't plan to hunt in heavy storms. But i do want to be able to in the rain.
EB
LL bean
Columbia
NF
all have similar jackets.
The EB rain foil is main one i was looking At.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

SMOKYMTN

WKR
At your size, my recommendation would be one of the military parkas if you can find them. I still have one from my service days, but it's a 3L Gore Tex tank and you can find them in long and extra long sizes. I am 6'6 and my extra long jacket has length to spare.

I have a 2x Tall rain jacket (I'm 6'4") from LLBean, pit zips, folds into it's own pocket, light weight, all that. It was about $200. Fits great but it wets through after a while. Pretty disappointed. They don't sell it anymore, in fact it seems they change styles and/or discontinue items every year. The best items get yearly updates, the rest get discontinued. And their lifetime warranty isn't anymore.

I love my LLBean primaloft packaway jacket as a breathable mid layer. Great deal on sale and the sleeves are super long. But Kuiu has a very similar jacket with better fabric and lighter weight.

So no more LLBean for me, some of their stuff is good, but you can buy "the best" real deal gear for just a little more $$ from Kuiu or others.