Tall sizes in long johns or puffy pants

I’ve been running a pair of long johns I’ve had from cabelas for years because they were the only tall size I could find. Looking for a new bottom layer to stay warm this winter but am having a hell of a time finding anything in tall sizes. Anything out there any of you might have that I may be missing?

I am 6’3” with 34 inch inseam so not too tall.

Not high speed hunting brand, but lands end and llbean make tall sizes In bottoms. Duluth has some with a 32 inch inseam.

for hunting I have actually become a fan of shorter, zip off long Johns. I own tow pair of kuiu. They come down to where my socks ride and keep my legs plenty warm. I can also take them off and put them on with removing my boots.

As far as puffins, My kuiu kelvin light pants seem fine for me but I can’t recall how far down my ankles they reach.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wear 36W 38L pants and Minus 33 has some great fitting Tall merino wool base bottoms. I wore my Cabela's merino wool Tall bottoms until they literally fell apart because I couldn't find any others that fit until I found the Minus 33. Can't help you with the puffy pants.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
For puffy pants the UA alpine ops are longer than usual. I’d say 34-35 inseam on size large. Honestly I think puffy pants should be a tad shorter than your regular pants. My UA would bunch up and almost touch the ground while wearing boots.

OP
BigCountry344
Thanks for all the help! These are all great suggestions I’ll check out!