Tall Tundra Boots

After my Caribou hunt last year I felt like I just needed a taller lace up style boot. As I look to return North again for Moose it's really got my search going. Has anyone ever tried Snakeboots in the tundra? I feel like they are about the only option for a really tall lace up waterproof boot. I really just don't like wearing waders anymore than I have to and I don't like slip on Muck style boots so I am kinda reaching.
thoughts?

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I am from the southeast and hunt mostly swamps. There is no such thing as a waterproof snake boot, even if they say they are. I have tried them all and the only 100% waterproof boot is a rubber boot.

OP
Airohunter
I am from the southeast and hunt mostly swamps. There is no such thing as a waterproof snake boot, even if they say they are. I have tried them all and the only 100% waterproof boot is a rubber boot.
that's a bummer to hear but good info, thank you.

Cheechako

FNG
I haven’t used them but a tall calf/ knee height ll bean type boot with a rubber lower and leather upper could work well.
or just get some xtratuffs

Someone is going to advocate for Crispi Highland Pro boots, but you need to have $600+ dollars available.

I've yet to find the perfect boots for my moose adventures. Tall rubber boots (well insulated) are the most carefree boots I've used, but they offer no real support. I've tried various other combinations which always left me wanting for more somehow.

Just today I received a set of Kenetrek Gaiters. I'm going to try them with my insulated Zamberlan 1012s, along with an adjustable ankle strap to help exclude water during creek crossings or puddle hopping. I'm going to test things tomorrow in a local creek. If it works like I hope, I'll go into greater detail with pictures. Basically I'm trying to achieve a setup which excludes 100% of water, is tall, has good support and IS WARM. The 'warm' factor is huge for me as my feet run very cold and I suffer like crazy in average 'insulated' boots.