Talley anti cant

brushape

WKR
Has anyone seen these?
9162413e6cfe456ba7e6aae2bcb15bc9.png

Talley Anti-Cant Indicator Lightweight Rings Matte

They just popped up in a search on midway I’d love to get one but can’t find them anywhere else or any info on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2five7

WKR
I like it. Same cost as your basic clamp on level, with less clutter. Great option for guys already running Talley rings. Looks like they have the 1" and 34mm in stock, I imagine they'll have the 30 soon.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
I called Talley about these, they said they made a few as a test and only sold them to midway to see how they would sell and they would hopefully have more on the way because they sold well

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I saw these but don't get it. Talley states that thier rings are mated pairs, so do you need to lap these?

Interesting point. Id think that the mated parts might have more to do with the base pieces lining up with the same tolerances. Im not an engineer or a machinist though so I could be wrong.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe only the steel rings are mated not the UL. When I cracked a ul top ring Talley only sent a top ring replacement
5be14bda05623c27ea03b57f5dd6281d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just say no!
I've put these on two rifles. Whatever fluid talley is using,its waaaaay too heavy for a bubble indicator. I Can move the rifle a few degrees without the bubble moving. FAIL.
I'm not a Niteforce fan boy, but I do have two of their anti cant caps mounted and the work as they should. Talley needs to change the fluid viscosity....

Edit to add. I just realized junior above me tricked me into replying to a two year dead thread. Good job newb!

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one and like it. When you tighten it down you have to "level" it. It adds no clutter and works well.

I just ordered a set of Talleys, and saw this before I ordered, but just wondered about the location. I like that it’s a Talley, and I can just easily swap out the top piece and not have to have something else attached to the scope. It’s also alot better price for what it is compared to something like flatlines. Do you like the location of it and is it easy to get your gun leveled, or if you were to do it again would you prefer one off to the side? Or is it pretty easy to get level while the rifle is shouldered. This is the first level I would have on a rifle.

16Bore

WKR
I’ve never used a level before, but I bought a SWFA that had one on it. Monkeying around with it a bit I’ve found that I can open my non-shooting eye and get a pretty good reference how level the rifle is without moving my head.

Food for thought.

Elite

WKR
Does anyone else have feedback on these? Looking to purchase one. I am worried about it blocking the view of my turret