Talley LightWeight Scope Rings For Leveling?

WildBoose

FNG
I normally use pic rails and standard rings for mounting my scopes. When it has come to leveling the reticle I have always been able to place my level on top of the pic rail and "assume" its level in relation to the firearm......its always worked for me. Can I assume that I can use the flat portion on the Talley lightweights for the same purpose?

Honyock

WKR
I would say yes. I just mounted a pair using a barrel level but I'm pretty sure that would work also.

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s odd to me that folks consider pic rails and rings “standard” on hunting rifles, and something like Talley’s as different.

But OP, to answer your question, no I wouldn’t assume that across the lower ring halves is level. Level to the earth using a plumb Bob. I use the projection method, shining a flashlight backwards through the scope.

It’s odd to me that folks consider pic rails and rings “standard” on hunting rifles, and something like Talley’s as different.

But OP, to answer your question, no I wouldn’t assume that across the lower ring halves is level. Level to the earth using a plumb Bob. I use the projection method, shining a flashlight backwards through the scope.

There’s many reasons to use a pic rail instead of rings bolted directly to the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro