Talleys to tikka

Getting ready to install my talleys light weight rings to my tikka t3x receiver. So I will be using the holes in the top of the receiver.

what are you guys torqueing the screws to holding the ring base to the receiver ?

Thanks

"If using screw-on bases with drilled and tapped Tikka and Sako A-7 rifles we recommend 10 to 12 in/lbs if you have 6 threads or less of engagement in the receiver thread and 15-17 in/lbs if you have more then 6 threads of engagement."

I lot of guys go heavier. Do a search on here, there are plenty of threads on it as it gets asked a lot.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Call Talley and ask. I did 18 on the rings and 23 on the bases per their advice

OP
F
Emailed Talley. They emailed back within two minutes great customer service! They said 25lb

Hudge

FNG
I just bought some Talley lightweights for my T3X last month. It came with direction on what the bases and rings were to torqued to. Did yours not include that?

OP
F
I just bought some Talley lightweights for my T3X last month. It came with direction on what the bases and rings were to torqued to. Did yours not include that?
I have not removed the mounts from the package yet. I will tomorrow morning and I guess find directions in there? Thanks