Tanning service

ODB

WKR
Not interested in DIY. Who are the top tanners in the US, specifically the west? Think full size moose/deer, etc.

wytx

WKR
Moyle here as well. They have many hides for us and many firs too. They tanned 2 of our bison hides and they are really nice and a good price on the service.
I've sent things not on their list and the tanning price was still pretty cheap.
You just haver to flesh and salt the hides or do trapping put up on furs.

I thought about doing a mobile tanning service, wasn't planning on marketing to full size but maybe that's where the market is.

Thought might include bikini waxing too.

Overdrive

WKR
Moyle mink does good work, but watch their billing carefully. I sent in a bunch of hides about $1500 worth of tanning. When I got the final bill it was over $3000. They claimed my order had bugs in it, they didn't communicate with me prior to the final billing. I called and questioned them about it, when I asked for documentation (pictures) of the "bugs" in my order they couldn't supply any and dropped the 100% mark up. I feel this was a scam on their part to make up for lost money, since at the time the pandemic was happening. I won't use them again.

Reactions: ODB