Taper tool for wood shafts

Just started making a batch of woodies for the first time in a couple years and I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions for a better taper tool? Currently I’m using the little blue pencil sharpener looking taper tool and I’ve got fir shafts. Is a woodchuck/disk sander with v-block the next step?

oldgoat

WKR
Wood Chuck is a good option, there's another that goes in an electric drill a local guy here in Denver makes, it's pretty slick and it tapers fast, basically a squeeze of the trigger.

I sure that you know that both nock and point alinement is critical for prefect arrow flight so I have used three difference nock and point taper jigs two are made in Germany a bear paw tapper jig and an Arrow-fix all work great my favorite is a Woodchuck arrow sander they are not made any more. With some wood type when you uses the cutter tapper tool it's not as smooth as a sander tapper I have never had a problem with either one.

wytx

WKR
Tru-center taper tool. We have an older one and it still works pretty well.
Some woods don't taper well with a pencil sharpeners type tools though, not sure if it's the wood species or just the grain type though.

I have the bearpaw premium taper tool and am pretty happy with it so far. Fits my 11/32nds shafts snugly but not too snug. A good sander-based setup is probably the ideal, especially since the sander can serve many purposes, but at $40 the bearpaw option is affordable and doesn't take up much space in the garage/shop.

ODB

WKR
I had a 1' vertical belt sander with a small 4" disk on the side. Made a jig for nocks and tips - did thousands of arrows with it.