Target shooting in the wind

ForkLift

FNG
Curious if anyone has advice about practicing in the wind. Im new to archery and try and practice when I can. Been a little windy the last few days when I go to shoot. My goal is to bow hunt & im sure there will be windy days. I just do not know yet if the wind is so bad I should just call it a day and practice when its less windy; and if practicing in the wind is going to cause bad habits. Ive already noticed im developing what sounds like “target panic.” Its not too extreme but Im definitely doing something at the point of release. Want to take care of that before I start hunting too. Any tips are much welcomed. Thanks.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
It's definitely good practice. I prefer to take off my bow quiver and stabilizer in the wind. Get low and stable. It's a good way to learn to let down too if you can't hold steady on the target. It is definitely an eye opener as to how well you can shoot with decent hunting accuracy. Unless you plan to not hunt when it's windy then it's good practice.

feanor

WKR
A lot of people don’t like to shoot in the wind, but I think it’s good to get to know your equipment and how it/ you perform in different conditions.
I wouldnt make it a habit to do so. However, you can determine what yardage shot is compromised by wind and therefore not smart to take when you’re actually on a hunt.

CLB38

FNG
I was shooting in a decent tailwind the other day. Crosswind obviously pushes left/right. I could imagine a headwind would maybe increase the effective distance and arrow hit lower than pin aimed? What does a tailwind do? Does it “push” and reduce drop? Or is arrow less impacted by “inline” wind?