Target

Sick of buying new targets. Figure one of the beautiful things about trad is that you can make your own targets that maybe wouldn’t work for a compound because of the speed difference.

Looking to do a few - a smaller portable one and a bigger one to leave at home. What do you guys use?

If you want a small one, you could always buy a core for the Glen Del Buck and just attach a handle. They’re something like $50, but you save time in having to make anything.

I’ve built a big backstop by framing it with 1x2 pine, wrapping it with cheap tarp, and stuffing with as much junk clothing as I could. It works, but it must weigh 200#.

I’ve tried a few different things, but to be honest a rinehart 18-1 or the rhino block will last so long that you’ll probably spend the same making multiple homemade targets

LostArra

WKR
Burlap coffee bag stuffed with plastic shopping bags in a contractors bag. Hung from t-posts. DSCN0520 (1).jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Commercially there probably isn't a better target than the 18-1 especially for broadheads. Look for blems on sale at Camofire.

Matrix M2. I was going through targets in 9 months with my compound but the Matrix is modular so I can replace a piece at a time. With my longbow and recurve it would be years and 10's of thousands of arrows before you wore it out. Plus Kevin at Matrix is a good dude.