Tarp question flat tarp vs. Mld trailstar

I cant seem to find everything I want in one tarp and wanted some insights from those that like to sleep with a tarp.

(1) In using a flat square tarp, I like to pitch it with 3 walls and one open side. Think A-frame but one end closed. Am I better off getting a shaped tarp such as Mld trailstar or sticking with a flat tarp. I know I have more versatility with a flat tarp, but I want that drum tight pitch. 95% of the time I like pitching it this way unless its really hot, I use an open a frame or lean to with my Jimmy tarps skyline.

(2) I want a new tarp anyways, as my square flat tarp is ridiculously heavy (28 Oz) and cumbersome for being a tarp. Cant seem to decide if I will be happier with a better flat tarp, though not optimised for how I usually pitch it (dst tarp $129) or mld trailstar for another 100 bucks, but a drum tight pitch. Anyone use both?

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
Strongly consider the Seek Outside DST tarp. It's 10'x10' square, so you get all the functionality and pitching options of a flat, square tarp. . but it has a center patch stitched in for pitching similar to the MLD Trailstar.

So I'm a tarp guy. . have been for years. The reason I don't use shaped tarps as that I don't like to he stuck pitching a single way. I've never used a 5 sided tarp (like the MLD Trailstar), but I'm just not sure how much I'd like the restricted pitching options.

How are you currently pitching your heavy tarp that isn't working out?