Tarp Suggestions for 2-People

In an effort to get my sleep system lighter and more flexible, I have been dabbling in the tarp game. My original tent is a 3F UL Lanshan 2 that weighs 2.54 pounds with everything (shell, inner, steaks, guylines, and sack). For $95, it is an excellent tent. However, I have some new needs/desires that this tent does not satisfy:
1. Shave a pound off my base weight (so 24 ounces or less) and pack smaller
2. Be able to hold two adults plus gear or me and my dog.
4. Usable as a glassing tarp (realize this may be a challenge with any tarp big enough to sleep two people)
5. Looking for an earth tone or camo color
6. $200 dollar or less range

I have been experimenting with a 3x3m flat tarp and have concluded that while it can support two people in a pinch or nice weather, the configurations that provide the most rain and wind protection are really only comfortable for one person. I think a 10x12 or 12x12 flat tarp would be needed for two people while maintaining the desired weight.

So far, my search has lead me to the following:
Jimmy Tarps Skyline XL
Jimmy Tarps Granite Mountain
Warbonnet GT
Bear Paw 10x12 Flat Tarp
Appy Trails has a few options but not a lot of detail
Eno HouseFly Rain Tarp (heaviest option but cheap)

Any other suggestions or things I should be aware of?

OP
G
EDIT: It seems 12’ wide is rare to non-existent so maybe 10x14 would be the target dimension of a flat tarp.

OP
G
Check out Cooke Custom Sewing tundra tarps

I just stumbled on them. Haven’t had a chance to dive in but it looks promising. DD Hammocks out of the UK also has some interesting options.

Does anyone know if Jimmy Tarps will do a custom size flat tarp?

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Slightly smaller at 10x10, but you may also consider the Seek Outside DST
+1
g.png

BB.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Way over your $200 budget, but my MLD patrol tarp duo in DCF is 13oz in stuff sack with guy lines. They do a sil version of it, but their grace tarp might be one to look at. $165 for the duo at 11oz, smaller than what you're looking for I think though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seek elous mite be kinda hard to glass out of.
That's my 2 person/bad weather shelter of choice.
But I carry a 6so Jimmy tarps everywhere for glassing and waiting out short storms anyways

mcseal2

WKR
I also like the Seek DST. I haven't used it as a 2 man for overnighters in bad weather. I have used it as a glassing shelter and solo shelter in rain. I usually pitch it as a plough point shelter when I use it myself. This was in AK when 2 of us were calling and glassing from camp on a rainy day. I like having the re-enforced spot for a extra pole to create more interior room.

DSCN0145.JPG