Tarptent DR or Copper spur UL2?

ArborKat

FNG
So I need some help with coming to a decision. I've been looking for a freestanding light weight two person tent for my wife and I. I have narrowed it down to these two tents. Both look pretty good. Does anybody have any experience with either that could help me come to a decision?
Thanks.

204guy

WKR
I've got a DR and have spent time in the CSUL2. The DR isn't really free standing unless you use trekking poles or stick's to hold the ends apart. Space wise I feel they're pretty similar. The CS is a little simpler less fussy design. The DR takes a little more futzing to setup right with the bathtub floor. Ventilation is going to be better with the CS.

OP
ArborKat

ArborKat

FNG
Thanks. Good to hear from someone who has used both. Since they are so close size wise I would be better off with the one that's easier to set up. I will be using it mostly in spring/summer so better ventilation is a plus as well.

87TT

WKR
I would suggest you get the Copper Spur ul3. I have the ul2 and like it but more for me and my gear or dog. You can fit two adults in it but a little more room is nice.