Tarptent made in China

OP
Wyobohunter
My Z-Packs Plex Solo came in the mail yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to set it up yet but man do I love how light it is.
1 lbs 0.5 ounces with 12 tent stakes
(6 carbon fiber and 6 titanium) plus the stake sack. It also packs down to almost 1/2 of the size of my old tent. I think I could get away with a 3200 cubic inch backpack for a weeklong trip. I’ll see how I do with the 4800, maybe buy a second bag next year.

mlgc20

WKR
My Z-Packs Plex Solo came in the mail yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to set it up yet but man do I love how light it is.
1 lbs 0.5 ounces with 12 tent stakes
(6 carbon fiber and 6 titanium) plus the stake sack. It also packs down to almost 1/2 of the size of my old tent. I think I could get away with a 3200 cubic inch backpack for a weeklong trip. I’ll see how I do with the 4800, maybe buy a second bag next year.
Very cool. I carry a Zpacks Triplex since it‘s usually my daughter and me. Even with that larger tent, I can easily get a week worth of stuff in a 3200 (EXO K3). At least for archery and 1st rifle. Later season, I might move to a 4800.

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
The owner of Tarptent was recently on the Exo Mountain Gear podcast, I enjoyed the listen and learned a lot about the company, might be worth a listen if anyone is interested in Tarptent.

OP
Wyobohunter
Very cool. I carry a Zpacks Triplex since it‘s usually my daughter and me. Even with that larger tent, I can easily get a week worth of stuff in a 3200 (EXO K3). At least for archery and 1st rifle. Later season, I might move to a 4800.
Great to hear, I’ve got the EXO as well. I’m doing an 11 day trip in th Wind River range this summer, long backpacking trips are the only reason I got the bigger bag. I’ll definitely add the 3200 when funds (wife) allows.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
Nope. There's several podcasts with Tarptents owner Henry Shires. Better build quality, lower labor costs, higher profit margins.... they aren't bringing production back here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That just sucks. Period. I hate to ever support the chi-coms. I pre-bought a Durston x-mid today....hope it is not made in China.