Tarptent Notch

Gapmaster

WKR
I’m new to the group, so maybe I’ve missed it, but anybody have any feedback on the “Notch” from Tarptent?? I’m looking to drop some weight on my current system. Open to suggestions on other similar designs, staying sub 2 pounds. Thanks

dog812

WKR
Check out the Dan durston xmid
I've used a bunch of the ultralight tents out there, my main hunting partner used a tarp tent bowfin.
I like the x mid the best. Easy setup, double wall, under 2#.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Have one and love it. I got it with the partial solid inner and it comes in at 28.3oz after seam sealing.

I'm 6'2 and use a long/wide xtherm max pad. Plenty of space lying down and sitting up, though my head does brush the net as I sit up.

Setup is super easy.

The partial solid is great in cooler/windy weather, but almost too warm in hot summer temps. I had to unzip just the bottom part of the entry zip to allow a little air flow during a mid summer backpacking trip. I'd still recommend the partial solid inner though, especially for typical hunting season use.

The double entry/vestibules is really nice. I'll keep my boots on one side and use that for getting in and out, and store my pack and gear on the other side.

I kinda wish the Notch Li was out when I bought mine, but I'm still not sure I would've sprung for the difference in price.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
Have one and love it. I got it with the partial solid inner and it comes in at 28.3oz after seam sealing.

I'm 6'2 and use a long/wide xtherm max pad. Plenty of space lying down and sitting up, though my head does brush the net as I sit up.

Setup is super easy.

The partial solid is great in cooler/windy weather, but almost too warm in hot summer temps. I had to unzip just the bottom part of the entry zip to allow a little air flow during a mid summer backpacking trip. I'd still recommend the partial solid inner though, especially for typical hunting season use.

The double entry/vestibules is really nice. I'll keep my boots on one side and use that for getting in and out, and store my pack and gear on the other side.

I kinda wish the Notch Li was out when I bought mine, but I'm still not sure I would've sprung for the difference in price.
Thanks for the insight. I was a little concerned n room, I’m 6’1 and broad shouldered but sounds like that won’t be an issue. Yeah I was considering the partial solid wall. It will mostly be used for hunting so temps should be on mild to cooler side. How has the durability been?? Says you don’t need a ground sheet, is that accurate?

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
Check out the Dan durston xmid
I've used a bunch of the ultralight tents out there, my main hunting partner used a tarp tent bowfin.
I like the x mid the best. Easy setup, double wall, under 2#.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Man that is an interesting tent design. I’m going to have to reconsider after reading on the xmid. How’s the durability?? Need ground sheet?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the insight. I was a little concerned n room, I’m 6’1 and broad shouldered but sounds like that won’t be an issue. Yeah I was considering the partial solid wall. It will mostly be used for hunting so temps should be on mild to cooler side. How has the durability been?? Says you don’t need a ground sheet, is that accurate?

So far no issues, though I don't have a ton of nights in it. I still try to be as careful as I can about checking the ground before setting up, but I haven't run a groundsheet underneath yet, and haven't felt the need to.