Tattoos

Cf8889

FNG
My guess would be what you interpret as has meaning. I would say your sombrero has meaning because it reminds you of those times in California with your friends. Same with your skull and snake. I think what most people say when they say make sure it has meaning, is to make sure you think about what your getting and that it has value to you not that it has to be some big memorial or anything like that.

%100 agree

But more often then not, people say that the design and concept should have meaning. I've always disagreed with that. Some of mine have meaning in concept/design, some have cool back stories....some it was just noon on a wednesday and I was bored haha

I'd have to count, but I'd guess I have over 30.

jfs82

WKR
I've got three, all family related, all drawn by a friend or my brother, no regrets.

Ive found that many times through my life I have wanted tats of this or that, but they change with what im doing sometimes. The army, the oilfield ect. I never committed and I have never once regretted it. If its something you really want to look at everyday then I say do it. But make it something cool. 😎
I would never tell someone else what to, or not to do with their body. But I will say that my female cousin has some tattoos with some real "deep" meaning that she always feels like she needs to explain to everyone. I always hated those dumbass hipster tattoos. Hunting tats are cool, just do it for you.

zeke392

FNG
no tattoos, have always thought about getting one but never could nail down the art. I'm 57 now, probably won't ever happen now

SeanDC

Lil-Rokslider
I have several. When I was younger I would pick one off the wall. Those I could probably do without. They all have a story attached and represent a different part of my life. In more recent years I have found and artist I like and I trust. He draws my art for me and does incredible work. His name is Aaron Ruby. I have also worked with Jay Wheeler. Both now work at their shop North Main Tattoo in Plymouth MI. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody. Check their website, their work is incredible.

My recommendation is to only get a tattoo if it represents something important to you. Make it unique to you and you won't regret it. My most recent tattoo is the tree of life. On the inside of my arm is a tattoo to represent the loss of my brother-in law and my father. Both died too young. I got the tree of life to represent all of my family which is the most important part of my life.

I plan to get many more throughout my life.

84798bdfd59c667aad91a31c28dff581.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WKR
I have a couple of tattoos that I got during the service and most were done overseas with alcohol involved. I dont regret them but some need to be touched up haha. The "your name" on my butt cheek is probably my favorite and has started a couple of bar fights.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few, got my first when in the army and a few more since. I don’t regret getting them. Think it through and pay for a good artist.

I saw the flash they posted on Instagram and wished I had managed to make it out there. Maybe next year....

OP
W

wyosteve

WKR
Thanks for all the responses. I'm heading to the Show next week and will decide once I get there.

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just got this started over the weekend. In a few weeks I’m scheduled to go back and get the background done as well as any touch ups on the goat itself.

5C7DAD4B-2137-4B63-8DD2-615C091195C1.jpeg

it’s a life’s goal of mine to take a mountain goat someday, but that’s not why I’m getting it. To me mountain goats represent the wildest places on the continent, country far too rough to build Walmarts and shopping malls. I long to be in wild places and my arm/shoulder is going to reflect that.
After this in a year or so I’m thinking about a scene of an elk bugling, inside a bear track, on the back of my shoulder.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
1e24a8e0447fea4eaf52502dc1859223.jpg

Been trying to convince my wife to let me get one similar to this. As of now, its a no.

I dont have any but a good majority of my friends do. Their two suggestions are, make sure it has meaning to you and make sure that you get someone that knows what they are doing.
I have a version of this tattoo, One thing you will notice is it is very common now a days. I have 1 buddy who has a similar idea but different location and then another buddy who has the exact same thing as me. Its not as unique as it used to be but i had my tattoo artist throw a twist into mine. I have multiple tattoos, 2 chest, 1 sleeve and a back piece and am gonna get more.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Big one on my leg. Got it over twenty years ago. No regrets, wish I got more before I started spending all my spare money on backpacking gear.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
1e24a8e0447fea4eaf52502dc1859223.jpg

Been trying to convince my wife to let me get one similar to this. As of now, its a no.

I dont have any but a good majority of my friends do. Their two suggestions are, make sure it has meaning to you and make sure that you get someone that knows what they are doing.
This for sure

I have 7 currently but have plans for many more. If it is something that means something to you you will not regret it no matter what or where it is. However make sure you look at a portfolio of the artists work and make sure they have work you like. I have one that is supposed to be a dog from when I was a kid on my calf but when I looked in the mirror it's a mix of a bear, racoon, and badger.

Phaseolus

WKR
I came into this world clean, that’s the way I’ll go out. It’s a personal thing, if you want them, get them.

I have 2 and don't regret either one. I am 45 and got the first one at 18, both have very personal meanings. Honestly, each year I contemplate getting a half sleeve as a birthday present to myself. Just haven't pulled the trigger, so to speak. If you get some ink, make it meaningful.