Tattoos

OP
W

wyosteve

WKR
Forgot to follow up on this thread. So, I did not get a sheep tattoo at the Show last year. Decided if I got it on my upper arm/shoulder, I could only see it by looking in the mirror and I don't wear sleeveless shirts so it would seldom see the light of day. Thanks for everyone's insight!

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to follow up on this thread. So, I did not get a sheep tattoo at the Show last year. Decided if I got it on my upper arm/shoulder, I could only see it by looking in the mirror and I don't wear sleeveless shirts so it would seldom see the light of day. Thanks for everyone's insight!
I forget about all my tattoo's except my sleeve since I actually see it all day everyday.

boom

WKR
I'll preface this by saying, I don't have any tattoos, but last year at the sheep show, they had a booth set up offering one of four sheep style tattoos. I was interested, but didn't get one. So, in anticipation of this year's sheep show if they offer that again, I'd like your thoughts.

1. Do you have a tattoo, and, if so, what prompted you to get it?
2. Any regrets after getting one?
Thanks in advance!

i have a few smaller ones that never see the light of day. dumb ass college "lost bets". they are not awful, but not great either.

i more recently had a partial sleeve done. (i'm older now, and therefore supposedly WISER). full disclosure - i really researched the artist. i wanted a person that went to actual art school. when i had it done it was fun. the next morning and the subsequent 3 mornings - i do admit, i did kinda regret it. i didnt anticipate that the partial sleeve (inside forearm) would be so "in my face". i would catch it in my peripheral and think, "now who the eff's arm is that?!! - CRAP, it's MINE!"

i got used to it. and now i enjoy it. but i was surprised by the shock and awe of it all in the beginning.

i do worry what my mom is gonna say this holiday, and i am a grown ass man.

Beendare

WKR
No tats on me.....unless you count a couple street brawl bumps.

I had the benefit of seeing a lot of WW11 vets with tats that were just a big black and green looking bruise....and they would describe to me, "This used to be an anchor with my unit....".

Yeah, right...looks terrible.....over time they just blob out.....I'm not downplaying the significance to them at the time, it obviously meant something....me-no thanks.

Last edited:
Don’t have any and won’t ever. But I did take a picture of one a guy got at sheep show to send to a buddy.

Attachments

• EA602997-7CCC-4961-AD71-F83C60722F94.png
    EA602997-7CCC-4961-AD71-F83C60722F94.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 281

BKasaback

FNG
I’m pretty tattooed (sleeves, full back, stomach, chest, etc.) honestly as long as you like the tattoo artist’s work and it comes out nice, you won’t regret it. You’ll remember the found memory of where and when you got it.

I don’t totally agree with all tattoos needing to have a “meaning”. Sometimes it’s just a really neat piece of artwork that makes you happy, the memory of where and when you got it, and hey a sheep tattoo would be cool!

Tmb59181

FNG
Not interested. I’d say do it only if it has lots of meaning. But I honestly think it’s a fad at this point. Everybody is doing it which makes me want to not do it. It’s a bandwagon thing now a days. Sleeves and all that. I’ll pass.

Not interested. I’d say do it only if it has lots of meaning. But I honestly think it’s a fad at this point. Everybody is doing it which makes me want to not do it. It’s a bandwagon thing now a days. Sleeves and all that. I’ll pass.

I agree it’s more unique not to have them, I was interested when I was younger and my brother beat me to it and his first piece was a huge compass Rose on his back and the east and west were backwards, another guy tried to fix it and butchered it and he’s got a few more that came from a friend of a friend that does tattoo work on the side and you couldn’t pay me to get one of those. I have other buddies that have some cool stuff but I’ll stick with my scars they have way better stories.

I was considering something like this, but it looks like someone already beat me to the punch (pun intended).
8f2c21c4ed784a48a625f893b9e6b22e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have none & no desire to ever get one but I've seen some that are really cool.
Maybe this is sexist or judgmental but it just kills me to see young women (I'm talking 20ish) with a bunch of random graffiti completely covering their arms, legs, back or even their neck. I made my share of stupid decisions when I was young but I don't carry a billboard with them written on it around with me everyday either.