Tc encore 243 rifle

Goose71

FNG
Looking for some suggestions on reloading for this encore 243win 28”barrel. Seems to have a short throat and a 1-10 twist. Interested in maybe 70-85 grain bullets. Igot a bunch of powder 80gr Sierra blitz and 85gr Sierra flat base. Wanting to use for crows,woodchucks, just varmints in general. Maybe a lighter 65-75 trainers.

gman82001

WKR
Just fyi on loading for an encore I was having light primer strikes like crazy on my first ever batch of reloads back in the day. I was worried it was something I was doing but found a few guys online with the same issue and loading with a federal large rifle primer solved it. I guess they have a little softer build and the encore doesn’t have the heaviest strike.

I loaded 58gr vmax and was shooting crazy small groups from my pro hunter barrel but sold it to fund something else.

Axlrod

WKR
The first thing to do is go to bellmtcs.com
everything you need to know to make TC's shoot is there.

The TC's do not have a light primer strike, but a lot of factory guns come with too much headspace. Bellm can show you how to easily fix it yourself.

I have used his products and instructions to make many Encores and Contenders shoot very well and fire every time the trigger is pulled.

Last edited:

BWSmith

FNG
85g Sierra's and 4350 in .243 has been a solid accuracy,and killing combination for well,ever. I have an Encore 243,lovely firearm.

The headspace issue is solved by fire forming with a jammed bullet.... read up on it.

Good luck with your project.

Mine has a 15” pistol barrel but it’ll sling 5 80gr Speer hot cores inside a dime if I do my part. Mine prefers the 80-85gr bullets it’ll shoot the 95gr Hornady sst quarter size groups. I don’t remember the powder charge believe it was the starting load on the jug of h4350 powder. It shoots good enough I never bothered more load development.
+1 on bellem tc site lots of good info there and I have their trigger kit on both my encore frames, if it doesn’t shoot to your standards the larger hinge pins will help.

Anyone shoot 95-100 gr .243 bullets out of theirs? If yes what twist / length and results are you getting?
I’m in the process of building one for my daughters. Looking at potentially 1-10 twist on an 18 or 20” barrel? Thoughts? Thanks, Ryan