TC- Pro Hunter Encore Help

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
So I had been looking for a used TC Pro Hunter Encore lately and just never pulled the trigger on any that I had seen.
Well yesterday I made the purchase of a new TC Prohunter Encore Endeavor. I love the different options this gun opens up for me and my family. I plan to buy a small caliber rifle barrel for it as well for my wife and kids to shoot.

What are your go to items for this weapon in the 50 cal inline? What bullets, powder, and primers do you guys prefer, and any recommendations on a bullet starter or any other accessories you suggest I get? This is my first inline and it will be left with open sights, primarily for Colorado muzzleloader season.

Wapiti1

WKR
CCI or Federal primers, not the ML specific ones. Standard shotgun 209's. BH209 powder preferred. T7 if BH is not available. Loose powder, not pellets. If you use T7, swab every three shots or so, to help clean the carbon ring out of the breech. My preference is teflon tape on the breech plug instead of grease.

You will want a short bullet starter with changeable tips for different bullet shapes and tips for the ramrod as well. Powder flask, speed loaders, primer carrier and an adjustable volumetric powder measure, or scale to measure by weight. One of the starter kits you find will have what you need, and get you going. Upgrade as you shoot and figure out what you like and dislike.

For cleaning, a jag and bore brush. Lots of patches. Nothing special for solvent, just hot water for T7 or Hoppes for BH209. A toothbrush for cleaning breechplug threads, and a drill bit to clean the flash hole.

For Colorado, No Excuses or Thor bullets. Depends on your price tolerance. Both are proven bullets. If you go No Excuses, shoot them as is, and also try with a fiber wad under the bullet. Some guns shoot them better with the wad. Get the sizing packs to find out what fits your rifle.

This is what I use off the top of my head.

Jeremy

I've owned my Encore Endeavor for about 8-9 years now. I've got a handful of different barrels for it. They've all preformed admirably.

From a muzzleloader perspective, I shoot a mag load of 3 pellets for Triple Seven with a Barnes Expander 250 grain on the business end.

Whatever you do, save yourself the headache and don't shoot Shockwaves... While I could group them 1" at 100 yards no problem, they were horrific when it came to blood trails. I switched to Barnes and haven't looked back since.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
I have the endeaver and I use 110 gr volume of BH 209, fed 209A primer, hornady 250gr FTX bullet with harvester crush ribbed sabot. Most of the times I will cut holes at 100yds, same as when I was shooting 100 gr BH and 300 gr shockwave bullets. The harvester crushed ribbed sabots makes loading much easier.

Jimss

WKR
Make sure you check out what is legal in Colo and other states during muzzy season.

WCB

WKR
Federal 209A primers...BH209 and Federal Bore Loc MZ 350gr lead (the Coppers shoot very well also)

I have a pro-hunter FX. 100gr by volume BH209, Federal 209 primer, 250gr Barnes TEZ. Replaced the factory rear sight with a Williams aperture. Rifle handles great and shoots great.