Team Hunting Elk

Huntnnw

WKR
solo or with my wife is it. I cant and wont hunt with others. I take time off to hunt I AM HUNTING not switching off. A week long hunt and you hunt half the time

Scoot

WKR
Three main guys (me and two others). Occasionally another one or two additional buddies, but not usually.

williaada

WKR
We are anywhere from 3-6 and it is one good friend, my two brother, and my two brother in laws. All of us are of the same intensity, but hunt differently. Depending on who goes out each determines solo or 1-2 guys with you.

4 total, split into 2 pairs, cover more ground, always need a spotter when you get one down in Griz country.

0311dmd

FNG
Normally we have 4 for rifle. This year my brother and I will be going archery as just the two of us. In the past few years I’ve found that it’s hard to find people that have the same level of fitness and dedication that you do.

Just make sure people on your ‘team’ have a clear head. One year my buddy had issues with his old lady and it absolutely ruined his hunt.

Is team hunting actually diy?
To me team hunting and going guided are the same. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I just don't get guys compiling a team and then bragging it was a diy hunt.

11boo

WKR
Normally we have 4 for rifle. This year my brother and I will be going archery as just the two of us. In the past few years I’ve found that it’s hard to find people that have the same level of fitness and dedication that you do.

Just make sure people on your ‘team’ have a clear head. One year my buddy had issues with his old lady and it absolutely ruined his hunt.

What is it with women like that? I had a new guy in camp a few years back had the same issue. 3 days in his wife starts blowing up his phone threatening divorce over a BS issue. He said fine, throw all my stuff in the garage, I’ll be home in a week. They are still married, lol.

0311dmd

FNG
What is it with women like that? I had a new guy in camp a few years back had the same issue. 3 days in his wife starts blowing up his phone threatening divorce over a BS issue. He said fine, throw all my stuff in the garage, I’ll be home in a week. They are still married, lol.
I’m not sure man luckily my brother and main hunting partner has a kick ass woman who supports his passion. She even watches MY dog while we’re away.

I’m glad your friends marriage worked out. My buddy I mentioned earlier ended up getting a divorce. So he’s probably better off now.

This past season another friend came out to CO to hunt with us and when he got back home he announced he was getting a divorce too.

Maybe we’re bad luck haha

Last edited:

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
We are going with 5 this year. 2 tags. Rifle. Figure the more experience the better and just split into two groups and or have a couple scouting and looking for the next place to go find that lonely dumb bull looking for a friend. Not sure if that is too many people but part of any hunt to me is the experience with others good or bad because killing is only a small part of the big picture. We also are spread across three states so we don’t see each other much.