Teaser Kifaru HPG Stryker XL

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Will get Pictures later for you guys but I just married a Kifaru XL Strker to the HPG Decker Frame and it works like a champ. Slaps right to the Decker Frame to make a pretty slick Pack. More to come when I have some more time.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/100
and
https://kifaru.net/store/packs/day-packs/kifaru-stryker-xl-hauler-daypack/

No Modifications at all to either. Just strip off the Decker Frame Straps and reconnect the Kifaru Straps. Attach the panel to the Frame. I removed some parts off top of the Decker Frame to use them for the Load Lifters on the Stryker.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Photos for those interested. Works like a champ. I must say Im not a big fan of the autolock buckles I maybe swapping those out.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPEG
    IMG_0305.JPEG
    313.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0306.JPEG
    IMG_0306.JPEG
    255.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0307.JPEG
    IMG_0307.JPEG
    183.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0308.JPEG
    IMG_0308.JPEG
    354.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0309.JPEG
    IMG_0309.JPEG
    360.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0310.JPEG
    IMG_0310.JPEG
    501.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0311.JPEG
    IMG_0311.JPEG
    361.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0312.JPEG
    IMG_0312.JPEG
    404.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0313.JPEG
    IMG_0313.JPEG
    340 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0314.JPEG
    IMG_0314.JPEG
    286.7 KB · Views: 270
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
more photos. The bags I am using in the Load Shelf is the Large HPG bag which is same size as the Qui Ya and the Small Decker bag which is roughly 2300 ci. Just to show the size of the shelf and what a fully loaded pack would look like.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPEG
    IMG_0315.JPEG
    256.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0316.JPEG
    IMG_0316.JPEG
    223.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0317.JPEG
    IMG_0317.JPEG
    213.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0318.JPEG
    IMG_0318.JPEG
    335.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0319.JPEG
    IMG_0319.JPEG
    290.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0320.JPEG
    IMG_0320.JPEG
    247.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0321.JPEG
    IMG_0321.JPEG
    235 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0322.JPEG
    IMG_0322.JPEG
    263.4 KB · Views: 180
I’d be happy to trade you some regular buckles for your auto-locks. I prefer the auto-locks for my uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I’d be happy to trade you some regular buckles for your auto-locks. I prefer the auto-locks for my uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill you got a deal buddy Text me tomorrow we will work this out =)

reijos

FNG
Looks great but I am struggling to understand why this versus just a pocket on the front of the decker and use the hypalon as a load shelf? Is it because the stryker has a larger load shelf?

reijos

FNG
To be clear, very much not trying to be snarky just trying to understand whether a stryker should be added to my wish list to go with my decker

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
all good Reijos, Its just an option and something I like to do with these packs. Others will have different reasons. For me I really the layout of the Stryker Xl and like the comfort of the Decker and HPG Frame. so that is what got me going on this. Also Kifaru Stryker XL has the load shelf which is part of the stryker which makes this a bit less complicated over using the HPG Shelf and their pockets. The Stryker and Load shelf are all part of the bag which makes things cleaner in my book and less strap attachments needed in order to follow this type of pack system. Thats why I am doing it.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Owned a good 15 or so Kifaru frames from the longhunters all the way to their current frames. =) unfortunately for me they just dont fit right. Thats not to say they are bad at all. kifaru makes some of the greatest gear out there. Just their frames dont fit me. Appreciate your opinion though.

Owned a good 15 or so Kifaru frames from the longhunters all the way to their current frames. =) unfortunately for me they just dont work. Thats not to say they are bad at all. kifaru makes some of the greatest gear out there. Just their frames dont work for me. Appreciate your opinion though.
Interesting. Can't say I have ever heard of somebody with a proper Kifaru fitment that was disappointed. Especially considering all of the stays options.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting. Can't say I have ever heard of somebody with a proper Kifaru fitment that was disappointed. Especially considering all of the stays options.
Its my struggle. Im definitely happy with Kifaru gear. I was blessed with no ass. so the pack slides down no matter how much I cinch it down. The HPG Frame has a much less pronounced Lumbar pad and it sits off the back more which drives the frame into my hips a bit better.

Just goes to show what works for some maynot work for others. Youll hear that alot on Rokslide. its very True.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Then there are folks who like to experiment with different configurations. Example https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/kifaru-frame-with-hpg-decker-pocket.174540/

I have done alot of this type of stuff on Rokslide if you look back in history of Rokslide posts youll find where I crossed Exo bags on Kifaru Frame or Kifaru bags on Exo I even played with attaching Kuiu Bags to Kifaru Frames.

Exokifaru Franken Pack 3500 and 5500

New Kifaru Tactical Duplex with..... kuiu Icon pro 3200 Bag.... dodges the bottles...

I also did it with a Kuiu 7200 bag on Kifaru Frame but I would not recommend it as its to unstable.

Kifaru Duplex Tactical Frame with a Kuiu 7200 Icon Pro bag Project

Last edited:
Believe me I can appreciate the creativity, I originally purchased a Kifaru to use the frame with my outdoorsman pack because I liked the bag lay out of the outdoorsman, but hated the frame. Now I can't see myself spending money on anything other than kifaru and have a Few bags and frames to boot.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
If the Kifaru Frame works for you then you would enjoy the Exo also Both are fantastic packs and they make a great product. HPG as well. Seek outside is another one that makes a great setup. all great companies that stand behind their products.

PFERN

FNG
How did you tie in the top lashing of the kifaru pack to the frame. Specifically where it has black webbing and tan webbing through the buckle. Isnt that section a full loop on the stryker?

I only ask because I am currently attaching and configuring my stryker to an eberlestock carrier frame.

strongarm

FNG
more photos. The bags I am using in the Load Shelf is the Large HPG bag which is same size as the Qui Ya and the Small Decker bag which is roughly 2300 ci. Just to show the size of the shelf and what a fully loaded pack would look like.
These pictures are great @SHTF, thank you for sharing! I've been wondering about the pairing of the HPG Decker bag(s) as an option for the Stryker XL (on a Kifaru frame, in my case). These pictures are really helpful to get me to visualize this for practicality.

I don't like the idea of the Kifaru Camp Bag because its round footprint seems counter to the Stryker platform, but more so I worry about it pushing the day stuff out unnecessarily farther away from ones' back as opposed to a rectangular footprint bag. I really like the shape of the HPG bag, and on paper it looks like the dimensions would pair nicely sitting in the Stryker XL sling.

I've been back-forth on just which HPG bag would be best for my application. It is hard to predict as colder weather hunting adds volume; just no way around it for both clothing and calories. Is the HPG Large Decker bag manageable when loaded and on your back?

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
These pictures are great - thank you for sharing! I've been wondering about the pairing of the HPG Decker bag(s) as an option for the Stryker XL (on a Kifaru frame, in my case). These pictures are really helpful to get me to visualize this for practicality.

I don't like the idea of the Kifaru Camp Bag because its round footprint seems counter to the Stryker platform (or any, for that matter), but more so I worry about it pushing the day stuff out away from ones' back. I really like the shape of the HPG bag, and on paper it looks like the dimensions would pair nicely sitting in the Stryker XL sling.

I've been back-forth on just which HPG bag would be best for my application. It is hard to predict as colder weather hunting adds volume; just no way around it for both clothing and calories. Is the HPG Large Decker bag manageable when loaded and on your back?
Yes very manageable. works just fine. There is a bit more fiddling involved with this but if its from truck to camp and drop the big bag it works great. If your going to be hiking around with the entire setup every day I wouldnt recommend it and go with a more conventional setup. Alot of guys pack in and drop camp and get to hunting. That is when this kind of a setup is going to be great.